Habs Players at the WC

ShortHanded

End of the second and it's 3-1 Canada - they have out shot Switzerland 30-13 so far.

:can: :hockey: :can:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not coming anymore, they added a Goalie from the Finnish league.

My alltime favorite Finnish goalie was Jarmo Myllys, i bet Nick knows him

(as he knows every goalie that is around)*

Good ol' Jarmo Myllys. Yep, you're right Dutchie. One of the goalies I got to see when I was younger. The good old days when we got hockey on Eurosport.

*There are certain goalies that I don't (want to) know. The Cloutier's, Esches, Grahame's..

:puke: ;)

I just finished watching SJ-Detroit, Game 5.. :puke:

Good ol' Jarmo Myllys. Yep, you're right Dutchie. One of the goalies I got to see when I was younger. The good old days when we got hockey on Eurosport.

*There are certain goalies that I don't (want to) know. The Cloutier's, Esches, Grahame's..

:puke: ;)

I just finished watching SJ-Detroit, Game 5.. :puke:

Yeah the good old times, before commercial sports channels bought up the right!

2 weeks only hockey, and after the matches. Put on your blades and hockey on the streets, haha the days!!

Eurosport is the reason i became Koivu/Habs and a Finland fan!!

I still remember the game against Russia, Finland behind 3-0 (or 3-1) in the final period, and all of a sudden Finland played amazing. Pure Sisu ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu ) and in the last seconds they made it 3-3 i believe. I stil have it on tape, but saw it so often, the tape is in bad shape.

Did you also go to the WC in Germany, in 2001. I attended USA-Sweden in the Koln arena.

Did you also go to the WC in Germany, in 2001. I attended USA-Sweden in the Koln arena.

Was that the game where DiPietro was in goal for the entire warm-up, Robert Esche just stood there watching him, and Esche started that game? Haha. Yep, I was there.

I always liked Markus Ketterer over Jarmo Myllys. I remember Ketterer having a sensation '91 Canada Cup, won a shutout here in Saskatoon 1-0 in which he was amazing. I thought he was on the fast track to success.... but it turns out that performance was a bit of an anomoly in a somewhat mediocre pro career.

Suomi-Russia, Round Two. B)

Here's to hoping it turns out like the last time these two met in a semi-final game. :king:

Russia's got a hell of a lot of firepower. I think they could win this tournament.

Russia's got a hell of a lot of firepower. I think they could win this tournament.

I picked Russia to win it before the tourny started, so I wouldn't be all that surprised. However, there are two things to keep in mind: 1) No host country has won the tournament since 1986 when the Soviets won in Moscow. 2) The Russians barely beat the Finns in their preliminary round matchup.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Russians win, but you should never count the Finns out.

By the way, the Finns won the 2012 IIHF World Championship. They received 64 votes to Sweden's 35. B)

1-1 after 20 minutes of play.

The Russians struck first on the powerplay, but the Finns tied things up at one thanks to a shorthanded goal.

Of interesting note is that there was some kind of a scuffle between Kovalchuk and Bergenheim. Kovy got 2 minutes for slashing while Bergy got 5+game for kneeing.

1-1 after 40 minutes of play.

Second half of the second period saw the two teams continuously exchange powerplays.

A bit of bad news for Habs fans, as it appears Markov is hurt. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

J. Demers had an excellent point when he said "imagine Saku's skills and heart in Mikko's body...what a player that would be".

Would it be close enough to have them on the same line? ;)

Too bad they are both Cs

J. Demers had an excellent point when he said "imagine Saku's skills and heart in Mikko's body...what a player that would be".

Would it be close enough to have them on the same line? ;)

Too bad they are both Cs

I am sure one of them would switch to the wing once in a while!

«Je porte une orthèse et j'essaie de marcher lentement. J'espère que je n'aurai pas besoin de chirurgie. On verra quand je serai à Montréal.»

-Andrei Markov

Les examens préliminaires n'ont pas révélé de dommage au ménisque, mais les ligaments auraient été touchés.

Preliminary examinations haven't shown any damage to the meniscus. The ligaments still have to be analyzed.

source: La Presse