Habs Players at the WC

ShortHanded

I hope I'm not putting this in the wrong part of the forum (correct me / move me if I'm wrong, mods) but I think it's on topic. This thread is basically to keep track of which habs are going to the WC and how they perform etc once they get there. For a lot of our prospects (e.g. Valentenko) this might be the only chance we get to see them play for a while, and a good indicator of what we can expect from them.

So far:

-Komi and Higgs invited for the US. Awaiting the results of their physicals to see if they will be allowed by the Habs to go.

-Huet not going for France (time to recover from the Hamstring)

-Aebischer and Streit for Switzerland (although is Abby still a habs? you never know...)

-Markov for Russia. Kovy said he'd go if asked; Some Habs prospects also on the initial roster

-Koivu undergoing Cataract surgery; won't play for Finland

-Potentials for Canadian team include: Ryder, Johnson.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about plekanec ?? he should be on the roster.

Possibly. I wrote this from memory and stuff I've read in the Gazette and habsinsideout. I don't remember reading anythign about him or Bonk, but I would imagine one or both would be there for Czech.

Also, Halak will likely play for Slovakia.

Huet: "My heart says yes, but my body says no." It's too bad, maybe with him in net, they could have emerged out of the B Pool.

Streit: "I'll be playing 1st defence pair and fourth line forward." B)

amazing for Kovalev to go from team captain to not being sure if he would be invited...

well, Russia is going with a youth movement. He may not be the only Russian star to miss the team. I doubt any of the vets like Fedorov will be back. It'll be more Ovechkin, Semin and a bunch of prospects from the Russian Leagues.

Valentenko is injured and left the Russian training camp. He was a long shot in any event.

hopefully his next hockey game will be for the hamilton bulldogs!!!

No mention of Higgins or Komisarek on the US roster, but there are still 4 spots open. Given some of the players who made the team, I have to imagine either they didn't want to play, or the Habs didn't want them to play.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=299930

they're not playing. both banged and i think not signed to contracts

they're not playing. both banged and i think not signed to contracts

Same as last time. Understandable if they are not signed they do not want to hurt themselves when they have no source of gaurenteed money.

Does anyone know when the different countries have to submit their rosters by? I'd like to see who's actually on the various teams from the CH and their prospects.

It's usually 24 hours before their first game.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Wor...035181-cp.html

Higgins was medically unfit to play

ugh... the article's gone. Can someone give a little summary? What's this about the shoulder? The only thing I thought he had was his ankle injury... was the shoulder when he got checked into the boards late in the season? anyone know if it's serious? Just rehab or will he need some sort of surgery?

ugh... the article's gone. Can someone give a little summary? What's this about the shoulder? The only thing I thought he had was his ankle injury... was the shoulder when he got checked into the boards late in the season? anyone know if it's serious? Just rehab or will he need some sort of surgery?

I think it'll be fine with rehab...he does have 5 months :puke: to recover.

by the way, souray won't need shoulder surgery as well.

Canada's first exhibition game will be on April 24th in Tampere Finland.

I wonder when they will announce more players, maybe they will wait another day or two to see which players are still in the playoffs.

If the Pens end up losing on Thursday which seems pretty likely right now do you think we still the likes of Crosby/Staal at the WHC?