Habs Players at the WC

ShortHanded

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 5.5 months is a long time, but I hope he takes as long as he needs.

I hope it doesn't take that long for him to come back but i'd rather see him take his time...we'll still have him under contract for 4 years so no point of rushing it !!

I'm not worried about him not being 100% by the time the season starts - just knee injuries don't seem to ever go away once you get the first one. Now if he gets knee-on-kneed mid-season he will be out LONG-term.

PS - Markov wore 52 for Russia. Maybe now that Rivet is gone, he will want to wear that number for Montreal?

Pat Hickey - no surgery is required & talks between him and Gainey are postponed until he is examined by the Canadiens doctors in the coming days.

Oh, and it hasn't been mentioned here yet - Markov was named the tournament's best defenceman despite missing the final game and part of the game before that.

Pat Hickey - no surgery is required & talks between him and Gainey are postponed until he is examined by the Canadiens doctors in the coming days.

Oh, and it hasn't been mentioned here yet - Markov was named the tournament's best defenceman despite missing the final game and part of the game before that.

hes the only habs D to do it since Larry robinson !!

I'm not worried about him not being 100% by the time the season starts - just knee injuries don't seem to ever go away once you get the first one. Now if he gets knee-on-kneed mid-season he will be out LONG-term.

PS - Markov wore 52 for Russia. Maybe now that Rivet is gone, he will want to wear that number for Montreal?

That is his international number becuasue he was used to Yashin wearing 79. He will keep 79 in montreal.