Negotiations tough with Markov?

BTH

I have a dream where Russian players and Canadian players can all play on the same team together without any discrimination from the media. ;)

You been listening to too many MLK speeches! That kind of harmony only exists in a vacuum of nostalgia.

Your in MTL sista ... we won't have any peace until the Nordiques come back!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your in MTL sista ... we won't have any peace until the Nordiques come back!

Then bring those bastards back! I have only Toronto and the 'Canes (as former Whalers) to hate... ;)

russia to sign transfer agreement: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=206437&hubname=nhl

:clap::clap::clap:

This could mean REALLY good news for our Defense situation and Yemelin, Valentenko, etc... although they'd still have to take whatever pay cut they'll end up taking if they come and play in hamilton first to adjust to the NA ice size / game, as opposed to going straight to the NHL...

Does that mean you like the Bruins>

For an obscure reason, I hate the Bruins less than I hate Toronto and the has-been-whalers... Maybe it's because we usually easily beat them in the playoffs :D

Markov was injured (knee) in todays game at the WC's. He played only one shift after he was hurt. I will post more when I hear more.

No no, he played more than one shift, but it was strictly powerplay duty. Mind you, he was barely doing even that by the end of the game.

Markov was injured (knee) in todays game at the WC's. He played only one shift after he was hurt. I will post more when I hear more.

Stupid WC :puke: Hope it won't be too serious.

Stupid WC :puke: Hope it won't be too serious.

On the bright side, depending on the severity, it may have seriously reduced his leverage at the bargaining table.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/229786.html

"RDS a appris que le défenseur Andrei Markov a reçu une offre formelle du Canadien au cours des derniers jours. L'offre serait de quatre ans, évaluée à un peu plus de 5 millions de dollars par saison."

According to RDS the Canadiens have offered Markov a 4 year/20 million $ deal.

He will take that for sure...I really get the sense that he isn't interested in testing FA. Glad to hear BG is pulling out the big-bucks to keep this guy.