Kostitsyn signed

mathieu30

Almost perfect - even better yet will be an NHL contract.... :contract: :ghg: :contract:

BOB will sign him in time. I think the only thing holding up a contract is they want to keep him hungry :D

No Memorial cup but how about a taste of a Calder Sergei? This guy wants to WIN! If he had a contract he'd play exceptionally, I have no worries about that. But, to have the scenario where your trying to earn one, and increase the $$$ from the club? It'll make him that much more determined. :D

I hope Andrei gets out of sick bay so we can all raise a frosty cold beer to their first shift with the organization. I can't wait. :clap:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I think the reason that no NHL contract has been worked out is trying to find the right financial clauses and bonuses to put in the deal that feel right for both parties.

Don't get me wrong, Sergei has had quite the solid junior campaign but that remains to be seen with what kind of contract that can be associated with him since there aren't many comparables to him. Keep in mind, 7th round picks aren't usually that good.

Just in Hamilton, there are guys like Milroy, Lapierre, Locke, O'Byrne, Grabovski and Urquhart who all make from a range of league minimum to about 700 000$ a season if they played in the NHL.

sergei kostitsyn = martin st louis ???

In scoring prowess?

How do you mean?

Sergei is 6'1 200 lbs and plays with an edge (more then his rookie season) so I don't think you were eluding to size...were you?

In scoring prowess?

How do you mean?

Sergei is 6'1 200 lbs and plays with an edge (more then his rookie season) so I don't think you were eluding to size...were you?

oh ok. I thought he was smaller.

he does seem to have an edge, though.

I just hope thatr andrei comes back soon to see how they fare up...maybe with grabovski on the same line...wouldn't that be great ??

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see him in the playoffs?

I understand developing a prospect by getting him playoff experience, but he's taking a spot of someone who has been there all year.

Bringing in a guy who has played junior hockey all year into the middle of a AHL playoff run just seems like the wrong thing to do for the team.

The most likely candidate would be someone who was in the ECHL and was called up to Hamilton.

Either way, the Cyclones are in the playoffs and I'm sure they'd love to get back either Lambert or Urquhart for example.

I understand developing a prospect by getting him playoff experience, but he's taking a spot of someone who has been there all year.

Bringing in a guy who has played junior hockey all year into the middle of a AHL playoff run just seems like the wrong thing to do for the team.

I'm sure that there are a few other oddballs like you ;) , however, he is taking his brother's place, and he is also on a fast track to the NHL. Furthermore, he was supposed to go to Hamilton, but sending him back to the juniors was a way to give him the opportunity to shine ... and it wasn't a statement of whether he could play with the bulldogs or not.

The thing is, that these guys are all on the same team: the MTL Canadiens. They just haven't made it there yet ... but this is all of their clear objectives: make the big club.

I personally am stoked to see him play. I think this will be excellent for his development, and for the rest of the players on the team's development. If Sergi can help bring them further, then they will all benefit. Also, Serghi will get more quality playing time with Grabovski, which is great.

Go DOGS go!

And that 7th european draft pick isnt worrying about stirring up the shit, he hits in open ice baby.

First european in the OHL in 6 years to get more than 100 pts...Awesome some bad mouth will say okay hes 20 but still very impressive considering he's older and considering that he played with Kane and Gagner. However you still gotta put it in the net...

He also has lots of PIM per game. That guy looks like a power forward to me, he has a great arsenal of shots.

Anyway good signature for the Dogs.

I'm sure that there are a few other oddballs like you ;) , however, he is taking his brother's place, and he is also on a fast track to the NHL. Furthermore, he was supposed to go to Hamilton, but sending him back to the juniors was a way to give him the opportunity to shine ... and it wasn't a statement of whether he could play with the bulldogs or not.

The thing is, that these guys are all on the same team: the MTL Canadiens. They just haven't made it there yet ... but this is all of their clear objectives: make the big club.

I agree. I think the whole mentality of a farm team is different from a 'regular' team. Guys are brought up and sent back all the time throughout the season, so I'd be surprised if anyone gets too bent out of shape about this. They know that the goal isn't to ice the best team, but to ice the team that will lead to the best end result for the Habs.

Here's a story from the Hamilton Spectator about Sergei joining the Bulldogs on an ATO (amateur try out) contract. It said that he's currently negotiating for a professional contract with Montreal, but it stated that he is only 5'11" and 199 pounds.

The article als mentioned that Mathieu Carle is also expected to join Hamilton today. The news about Carle is welcome, as the Bulldog's JP Cote has been injured with a badly sprained ankle.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690756

In scoring prowess?

How do you mean?

Edited by habscout

I think this is completely backwards. If the guy helps the team, then the team is happy to have him. Hence all the attention paid to trade deadline pick ups. Nobody in San Jose is crying for the fourth liner who lost a roster spot to Bill Guerin, I bet.

Simple fact is the dogs are good, but with the bigger #### out, they're lacking top-line scoring talent. I suspect his teammates will be more than happy to see fresh blood come in if it helps the team win.

Edited by Bullsmith

Lever said the Dogs were short on forward depth and really needed a guy like Lil' Kosty. So I dont think he's taking anyone's spot.

I'd personally prefer to keep my expectations low though. I don't share the same high opinion of Sergei lots of other fans seems to have. There's a big - if not huge - step between junior and pro. There's countless examples of kids who did extremely well in juniors but had a tough time cutting it in the AHL. Just look at Locke and Milroy. How long did it take them to become reliable AHLer point producers? 2, 3 seasons?

Natural talent AND hard work is the deal breaker. I dont doubt Sergei's got enough of the latter. Its the former I'm still doubtful about.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

The gap is big indeed. I'm just happy to see him hit the AHL level where we can finally see how his skills match up in a faster and more competitive level of hockey.