Tourists Not Fond of US Officials

Pierre the Great

Did the Government declare the culture war? No. Some wars are figurative. Like the war on Tourists ... it is a little heavy handed, but so is the treatment of tourist by US officials.

Still, you can't deny that it is a flashy title intended to draw in the reader rather than accurately reflect the content.

Email Bill O'Reilly, I'm sure he'd love to use it as an example of the problems with our border security. :lol:

Bill O'Reilly ? what channel/press ?

Bill O'Reilly ? what channel/press ?

oreilly@foxnews.com

I don't particularly care for the guy, but if he thinks your situation would help his ratings... :lol:

I can see it now: "These boneheads won't let an honest Algerian into the country for one day for legitimate reasons, but they do nothing to stop illegals from entering the country every day!"

I'm not shocked. We are aggressive and mean. The BBC had one of its journalists who was born and raised in Montreal move to Chicago. He was detained for two days because of his last name. It was just a french name.

Well since we are doing anecdotal evidence here:

I'm a canadian from montreal who moved to illinois (via chicago INS department). I have a eastern european last name.

They weren't exactly pleasant (very long wait, the officials were a little harried), but I never got detained or anything. They're a bit overly bureaucratic, but its a pretty bureaucratic undertaking.

Never had any real problem getting my permanent residency or my citizenship (actually was a surprisingly easy process for the most part).

oreilly@foxnews.com

I don't particularly care for the guy, but if he thinks your situation would help his ratings... :lol:

I can see it now: "These boneheads won't let an honest Algerian into the country for one day for legitimate reasons, but they do nothing to stop illegals from entering the country every day!"

haha

I remembe him now ; George Clooney's best friend ! ^_^

But the government is who declares war. The war on drugs, the war on terror, etc. War on tourists implies they're trying to outlaw tourism.

When are we gonna see the War on war? :P

Well the last time i went on holiday to the states they were very nice to me!!

I expected to have some trouble cuz of some medication i had with me, but they were too nice, and lett me in. Just checked it very good, and thats their right!

I hope they will be that nice again when i will visit the states in September.

Well you always get some of those stories, i think the US is one of the most visited countries, you always get those things.