Sergei Kostitsyn negotiations progressing well

The RSL is aggressively pursuing him for a signing somewhere but the negotiations with the Habs is progressing very well and Sergei Kostitsyn absolutely wants to play with his brother Andrei Kostitsyn.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hockey/2...Kostitsyn.shtml

Translated:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

:clap:

from the thread title I thought sergei was going to join st. joe's and start healing paraplegics.

:blink:

But yeah, that's great news. I'm sure that he'll sign with Montreal, so I'm not overly worried about the Russia situation.

I will be worried of the Russia situation when their Federation will stop complaining build some new arenas, make transportation and living condition as good as in America and Eastern Europe.

Of course the Russian mafia will threat you right if you perform and your club wins, but if you lose you're back with no paycheck, eating cabbage and live in a hole.

Just wait for Perzhogin to miss his 1st paycheck and his bus breaks down...he will be begging to come back. I doubt Sergei would want to play there...lets just hope the Russian mafia doesn't threaten him.

I don't even think playing in Russia was ever a possibility for Sergei.

why not. thye pay great money...look at perezhogin.

If he was serious about playing in Russia, he wouldn't have came to North American to play with the London Knights. Not to mention, riding the team bus for hours and hours getting paid crap where he could have stayed in Russia where he would have gotten a way better paycheck if that was his motive to start with.

All this is even ignoring the possibility of playing with his older brother on the same hockey team.

He seems really excited to play with Andrei in Montreal someday. I have no worries about him getting signed in time.

not worried whatsoever

he will be signed and might even start in MTL next year.

Since the Canadian Dollar is so strong, why don't all us Cannucks get together and buy the Russian Ice Hockey Federation :o This then becomes our answer to the tranfer agreement and starts up a beautiful farm system for our Habs. :)

not worried whatsoever

he will be signed and might even start in MTL next year.

I know, it's just driving me nuts. It's the double edged sword. 1 - Being worried over what turns out to be no worry at all and 2 - I want me Brandy, cigars and sweet Top Gun theme for the Top Gun Sergei Kostitsyn signing. :)

I want me Brandy & cigars :(

I hope the Habs give you glasses and a cup for your next birthday. Happy birthday

thanx

champagne and a cup as a belated birthday present next would be awesome !!