Best NHL Arena (the classics) or old arena in general

The Forum

Boston Garden

Madison Square Garden

Chicago Stadium

Maple Leafs Garden

Detroit Olympia

St. Louis Arena (RIP The Old BARN!! :( All ways in our hearts!)

My personal favourite is the old barn (saint louis arena) mainly because well its part of my childhood and that sucker was loud and freaking huge.

I want to know what it was like to go to a game in the forum, garden, stadium and so on.

Plus feel free to talk about any old small arena's that you love.

I kinda like it !!

the montreal forum will always have a special place in my heart.

Pierre, you can't really judge them unless you've been there. One might even say one would need to see a game in an arena to be able to rate them.

In which case I can only judge Nationwide Arena, since I only took a tour of the Forum and didn't see a game there. Nationwide is a great place, but their between play and intermission entertainment really went down the drain this year.

I'll always regret not making it to Montreal to take in a game at the Forum. I've been to the Olympia and Maple Leaf Gardens. It's been so long, I can't remember much about the Olympia, but I remember MLG. Unimpressive. I thought it was a dump, actually. This was during the Ballard years, so I'm sure he was putting a lot of money into it to make it look nice. (insert eye-rolling smilie here, once it's working!)

I'll always regret not making it to Montreal to take in a game at the Forum. I've been to the Olympia and Maple Leaf Gardens. It's been so long, I can't remember much about the Olympia, but I remember MLG. Unimpressive. I thought it was a dump, actually. This was during the Ballard years, so I'm sure he was putting a lot of money into it to make it look nice. (insert eye-rolling smilie here, once it's working!)

:rolleyes:

In terms of classic, then the Forum stand in a class of it's own. The old Gardens of Boston and Toronto is also up there. Madison Sqaure Garden the octopus in Detroit Olympia and the pipes in Chicago...

I have been to MLG and the Fourm both were awsome experiences. I was a young kid when I attended games there but I remember the atmosphere was fantastic.

The fourm was awesome because so many people got dressed up as they were going to a Gala event.

I have been to MLG and the Fourm both were awsome experiences. I was a young kid when I attended games there but I remember the atmosphere was fantastic.

The fourm was awesome because so many people got dressed up as they were going to a Gala event.

I'll gala you in the teeth LOL;)

Edited by Habsfan24

really? Maple Leaf Gardens was a dump?

Well we really need Shortcat for this thread. lol

I don't like the Kiel, Savvis, Scottrade whatever its called today arena.

Yeah its loud, but it just doesn't have the feel that the Old Arena had. *tear*

Been to games at the Forum and Maple Leaf Gardens - both were truly hallowed buildings....

However they were becoming tired in their latter years, especially the Gardens. Was there several times for events and it was a dive. The washrooms were disgusting to say the least!

However the worst was the old Buffalo arena - yikes that was a dump.

why can't developers just build carbon copies of the classics just modernized?

They don't know how to build them like they used to - that's for sure!