What's up with Alexei Emelin

brboo

From the HF boards:

"As reported by Soviet Sport, Emelin has signed a two-year deal with AK Bars Kazan. In a short interview to the paper, he said that they had started negotiating before the WHC, and that the Habs also offered a contract, but it was too late since he had already reached a deal with Kazan by the time the Habs approached him."

SCREW HIM THEN - LET'S MOVE ON. AT LEAST WE HAVE HIS RIGHTS AND IF HE WANTS A SNIFF OF THE NHL, IT'LL HAVE TO BE THROUGH THE CH

:angry:

Maybe he just wants to play close to home, and in this case that is much closer than HabbyLand....

From the HF boards:

"As reported by Soviet Sport, Emelin has signed a two-year deal with AK Bars Kazan. In a short interview to the paper, he said that they had started negotiating before the WHC, and that the Habs also offered a contract, but it was too late since he had already reached a deal with Kazan by the time the Habs approached him."

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I really wanted him to come over this year...

After all the good work Gainey has done in the last week this is unfortunate. The Habs must move on....does this put more pressure on Gainey to re-sign Souray now? maybe up the deal a bit?

Edited by Habsfan24

After all the good work Gainey has done in the last week this is unfortunate. The Habs must move on....does this put more pressure on Gainey to re-sign Souray now? maybe up the deal a bit?

It may since the Gazette and other media pundits have him inserted into the D lineup in Montreal, not Hamilton.

don't we lose his rights soon?

\

It depends if they extend some as they did last year from Russia but if they do not I believe they lose his rights next year.

Russian sources are now saying that Emelin has signed a 2 year deal with Ak Barz

*shoots the messenger*

This is terrible, terrible news about Emelin signing for two more years in the RSL. If Bob wants him badly enough he can buy him away from the team. Personally I hope he does. We're desperately thin on D and this is a guy Pierre McGuire has repeatedly compared to Brian Rafalski- a future #1 defenceman. I WANT HIM ON THE TEAM.

I think with Timonen (sp) signed with the Flyers now and Souray poised to leave in a couple weeks Bob should really try and buy him or get him over anyway he can. I know it might cost the Habs a lot more but it is probably cheaper then spending some insane amount of money on a UFA.

Radio interview with his agent.

Agent feels he wanted to come over now but to much local pressure to stay in Russia.

Agent believes he is NHL ready and if he started in Hamilton this year he would not be there long.

Does not believe he has an out clause!

Might see Emelin with Habs after all? Agent " Not sure I have been watching him since he was 16 I was excited to have him come over but now I and the Fans of Montreal have to wait"

Rookie max was being offered in the range of 900k to 1 mil.