Fanpuck's 2007 Draft Thread

Fanpuck33

Ok, so since I'm gonna be at the draft and some other functions, I figured I'd make a thread about my experiences. I'll put all the links to any pics in this first post, so check it every now and then, especially late Friday and late Saturday, after the draft.

Tonight I went to the Columbus Crew game, since a few prospects were there to sign autographs. I got Kyle Turris, James VanRiemsdyk, Karl Alzner, and Sam Gagner autographs. James complimented my Original Six shirt and Karl commented on my awesome playoff beard.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/fanpuck3...105545pmof4.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be at the draft early, listening to Yellowcard's concert. With any luck, I'll also have a Rick Nash autograph. When I get home, I'll post whatever pics I take at the draft. I just have a basic digital camera, so don't expect awesome pics from the upper deck, but I'll do what I can to get HW's first pics of their new players.

The night started out bad, as apparently Nash was only signing 200 autographs and we were 203rd and 204th in line. We likely would have been there on time had we gone straight to the line and if my buddy had been ready to go when I picked him up, instead of needing to shower, loser. Haha.So instead we watched Pascal LeClaire take on some fans in NHL 07, wishing it was us, because we could have owned him. The Yellowcard concert was awesome, they even played a couple songs from their new album live for the first time. The draft itself was kinda lame. No big deals going on and I only knew maybe 10-15 names and next to nothing about them. Some fans around me could see the disappointment on my face when we passed on Esposito. I was very proud that the fans were smart enough to boo Bettman, but they also booed pretty much every team that drafted, which was lame.

I found out my camera sucked and I couldn't get enough light in any pictures, but I did take videos of the picks. I'm in the process of finding somewhere to upload them, will probably use Google video. Might not have much loaded tonight, since I'll be waking up early to get autographs. This time I'll be getting there nice and early.

Habs Draft McDonagh

McDonagh Dons the Jersey

Habs Draft Pacioretty

My Pics, most are of the concert since the lighting was good

Yellowcard1

Yellowcard2

Yellowcard3, new song I think

Yellowcard4, new song

So, I got there nice and early this morning and was in good position in line for autographs. Lined up half an hour before they got there and get through half an hour into the hour of signings, so I was in line about an hour. I got Fritsche, Malhotra, and LeClaire's autographs on the free CBJ hat someone gave me. I have pictures of each one signing it, and didn't think I'd ever see the pics. Last night when I took the pics off my card and onto the computer, I left it in the computer. So there I was working on internal memory. Had to delete the pictures I took of the trophies just to have room for the autographing. The reason I didn't think I'd ever see the pics is because I had no idea where the cord that hooks my computer to the camera. Found it after looking for half an hour, it was sitting out in the open for no apparent reason, as I've never used the thing. Then I decided to go back with my Dad to see the trophies since he hadn't seen them, so I got a chance to take the pics and get to keep them this time.

Oh yeah, they passed out hockey cards to people for free, I don't know why. The girl next to me had no clue who the players she got were, so she was more than happy to swap me her Koivu for my Turco.

Pics of Trophies and Autographs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool Eric!! Enjoy and if you have a good spot, take as many pics as you can!

James complimented my Original Six shirt and Sam commented on my awesome playoff beard.

hahaha

No!! You missed the most important signature! I believe it's the player we're going to draft.

wait the draft is tomorrow? What happened to the Saturday afternoon get together. I'm just hoping Vs. plays the whole draft this time. :lol:

Only the first round is tomorrow.

Fanpuck, I expect clear shots of the newest Av and Sen! ;)

that's still horrible. Drafts are on saturdays, always except for baseball but nobody really knows any of the baseball players.

The NHL draft is set up like the NBA and NFL draft a lot of pomp and circumstance for the tv. (or lack their of television)

To not have that kind of draft on a saturday is criminal.

that's still horrible. Drafts are on saturdays, always except for baseball but nobody really knows any of the baseball players.

The NHL draft is set up like the NBA and NFL draft a lot of pomp and circumstance for the tv. (or lack their of television)

The NBA hasn't had a draft on a Saturday in years.

It's not a big deal.

who are the habs going to draft? What are the big names to be had?

Why don't you actually read the home page once in a while?

Come on man, if you're a hockey fan, you knew the big names ages ago.

The NBA hasn't had a draft on a Saturday in years.

It's not a big deal.

Why don't you actually read the home page once in a while?

Come on man, if you're a hockey fan, you knew the big names ages ago.

NBA is different its on prime time tv unless this on prime time tv then okay.

Honestly I don't. I don't live in Canada yet, don't know anything about the prospects because I'm living in an anti-hockey country.

Honestly I don't. I don't live in Canada yet, don't know anything about the prospects because I'm living in an anti-hockey country.

That's what Canadian websites are for. And the US isn't anti-hockey. It simply nothings hockey.

That's what Canadian websites are for. And the US isn't anti-hockey. It simply nothings hockey.

Not even Canadian websites, hockey websites. 2 days before the draft, there is NO excuse for not knowing atleast the supposed top 10 guys.

And if the NBA gets an exception, don't bother bringing up other leagues. Your post should read:

that's still horrible. Drafts are on saturdays, always except for baseball but nobody really knows any of the baseball players. Except the NBA because those are never on saturdays and it doesn't help my argument so they don't count.

NBA is different its on prime time tv unless this on prime time tv then okay.

I dont live in canada either!!

But there are so many threads about it, and there are hockey sites!! ( i even posted video material of all the top prospects)

I think you dont like hockey at all, just forums!

I dont live in canada either!!

But there are so many threads about it, and there are hockey sites!! ( i even posted video material of all the top prospects)

that's not true. I like the games. I haven't been gun ho about sports in general for years.(aka person who watches and knows the players in a draft)

But I'll watch the games.

I know a lot of names in this years draft but I honestly don't know a lot about them. I don't feel like reading pages after pages of profiles on players of who the Habs might draft a handful of. After the Habs make their picks I will follow them more closely in the CHL or where ever they might play.

A beard? Fanpuck has a playoff beard? No kidding..

Have a good time overthere, get that camera working overtime.

Go :hlogo: go!

*on a side note, because I live in Europe.. that Patrick Roy guy? Is he any good? Is he still playing for the Canadiens?

;)

A beard? Fanpuck has a playoff beard? No kidding..

Have a good time overthere, get that camera working overtime.

Go :hlogo: go!

*on a side note, because I live in Europe.. that Patrick Roy guy? Is he any good? Is he still playing for the Canadiens?

;)

he does but theres alot of hype reguarding a goalie they just drafted, jose theodore..watch for this kid !!

wait the draft is tomorrow? What happened to the Saturday afternoon get together. I'm just hoping Vs. plays the whole draft this time. :lol:

first round was on a friday last year as well.

If he can not answer the following simple questions I suggest we ban him from HW.

1. What is a two-line pass? In hockey.

2. What does the coach want from you if he asks you to 'dump and chase'?

3. What is happening in the following picture:

charging.gif

a. a referee assesses a charging penalty

b. a ping pong player is warming up his wrists

c. uncle Joe is dancing the macarena

4. 'Cherry Picking'

5. Who's the best goalie in today's NHL? (hint: he becomes UFA in two weeks)

6. Explain the expression underlined in the following sentence,

I kept freezing the puck to help out my teammates.

freezer.jpg

who are the habs going to draft? What are the big names to be had?

How can the heck can we know and just read the Prospects boards there's about five threads on who we might pick. Some names are Esposito, Hamill, Jonathon Blum, Perron, Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Mikael Backlund, Brett MacLean, Maxim Mayorov, the list goes on as we have 2 1st rounders so nearly every highly rated player in the draft (except the top 8 or so - and even then, Gainey is trying to trade up) have a chance of going to us.