has gainey finished his shopping ?

MAK

they are favored to win the CUP.

Anyone who favours a team that has never played together to win the cup is off their rocker, get a grip. Martin Biron! LOL

Trading away the farm to "win a few games" is ridiculous, you want us to start a new 15year drought do you?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, one only needs to remember the New York Rangers a few years ago with all the talent in the world and all their missed play-offs. A team has to have chemistry to work, so while they (philly) have some great ingredients in place (that I wouldn't have wanted to pay that insanely for - except Timonen), we won't know anything until they actually play together.

yup, one only needs to remember the New York Rangers a few years ago with all the talent in the world and all their missed play-offs. A team has to have chemistry to work, so while they (philly) have some great ingredients in place (that I wouldn't have wanted to pay that insanely for - except Timonen), we won't know anything until they actually play together.

Believe me I'm hopeful too but in reality, The Flyers went from almost last place to probably and most likely a 100 point plus season....They WILL compete with ottawa. We went from 14th to maby 14th again or maby worse. How do you figure we didn,t need to?

Wanna bet???

I'm with you JMMR.

I want a piece of that pie too. :clap:

I do love betting but I never bet against the Habs . Maby I should, that way they might win some games.

Seriously though. I'm with all you guys. I do believe in all iour young players and I trust that Gainey is building slowly knowing these guys will give us a solid future. It's just been suckin watching all these other teams load up and we just sit still with the kids who in all honesty are still big question marks. I hope it all works out and we end up being that team that's in 1st and no-one can figure it out how and why, but I've been hoping that for many years now, only it's worse this year because we have no goal scorers, a defensive coach, a bunch of hopeful kids, and not a single soul wants to play for us. It's just frustrating.

GO HABS GO Prove everyone wrong!!!!!!

Believe me I'm hopeful too but in reality, The Flyers went from almost last place to probably and most likely a 100 point plus season....They WILL compete with ottawa. We went from 14th to maby 14th again or maby worse. How do you figure we didn,t need to?

Wanna bet???

I'm with you JMMR.

I do love betting but I never bet against the Habs . Maby I should, that way they might win some games.

Seriously though. I'm with all you guys. I do believe in all iour young players and I trust that Gainey is building slowly knowing these guys will give us a solid future. It's just been suckin watching all these other teams load up and we just sit still with the kids who in all honesty are still big question marks. I hope it all works out and we end up being that team that's in 1st and no-one can figure it out how and why, but I've been hoping that for many years now, only it's worse this year because we have no goal scorers, a defensive coach, a bunch of hopeful kids, and not a single soul wants to play for us. It's just frustrating.

I wanted to bet you on the FLYERS!

Wanna bet???

I'm with you JMMR.

I think with the Dogs winning the Calder cup (lets face it they shouldn't have been able to) it taught the kids how to win and what it takes to win. Maybe Gainey thinks those question marks are gone now because of their performances in the cup run.

As a measuring stick, the calder cup playoffs have to be close to NHL regular season play.

Just My opinion though.

I bet they miss the playoffs. They might make it barely but they wont be contenders for several years.

Let's all hope that this is wrong (most likely it isn't :( ) and there are some unforeseen breakouts this year. I myself am looking forward to Andrei Kostitsyn having a major impact. Let's hope if it isn't him that it is someone. Hopefully the trade we are hoping for/predicting comes to pass and it has a major impact on our roster. I have to believe that one must be coming. Even those who disapprove of Gainey or do not like his style must admit that him walking away and calling this complete is not in his nature. I plainly just don't buy it and I'm looking forward to that "move"

I bet they miss the playoffs. They might make it barely but they wont be contenders for several years.

Let's all hope that this is wrong (most likely it isn't :( ) and there are some unforeseen breakouts this year. I myself am looking forward to Andrei Kostitsyn having a major impact. Let's hope if it isn't him that it is someone. Hopefully the trade we are hoping for/predicting comes to pass and it has a major impact on our roster. I have to believe that one must be coming. Even those who disapprove of Gainey or do not like his style must admit that him walking away and calling this complete is not in his nature. I plainly just don't buy it and I'm looking forward to that "move"

We are talking about the flyers! :P

That's a tough bet.....I want them to be losers, but they sure are looking good on paper. What's the bet?

I'll make that bet! The Flyers will need a second to gell but I feel they will definatly make the play-offs. A gentleman's bet is on the table.

The loser of the bet at the end of the year has to write the list below, filling in the names properly and use it as his signature for the entire summer and can't take it off untill the puck drops the following season in October.

1. I " loser" kiss the feet of "winner" he is simply the coolest guy I know

2. I " loser" am such a loser for doubting the brilliant mind of "winner"

3. I "loser" am such an idiot for ever questinoing the magnificent " winner"

4. I "loser" love "winner" and wish I could be just like him

5. Please "winner" I beg to be you friend.

Are you man enough to make this bet? :wacko:

I'll make that bet! The Flyers will need a second to gell but I feel they will definatly make the play-offs. A gentleman's bet is on the table.

The loser of the bet at the end of the year has to write the list below, filling in the names properly and use it as his signature for the entire summer and can't take it off untill the puck drops the following season in October.

that's a pretty weak bet (and somewhat misspelled).

There is only one real bet on a message board - one that ends in either suspension or banning.

So guys set up the terms and I'll ban/suspend (you pick) whoever loses.

Edited by simonus

There is only one real bet on a message board - one that ends in either suspension or banning.

Now that is a bet^

Lets still keep this friendly, we don't want any hurt feelings and people not returning. So the busiest time is usually right after the date they are allowed to sign UFA's, so a week or so there should be a fair wager.

And when SAKS gets back from his time off no one bug him about it ;)

BTW I think anyone can get in on this.

I think with the Dogs winning the Calder cup (lets face it they shouldn't have been able to) it taught the kids how to win and what it takes to win. Maybe Gainey thinks those question marks are gone now because of their performances in the cup run.

As a measuring stick, the calder cup playoffs have to be close to NHL regular season play.

Just My opinion though.

Ya it's called a great goalie!!!

Now that is a bet^

Lets still keep this friendly, we don't want any hurt feelings and people not returning. So the busiest time is usually right after the date they are allowed to sign UFA's, so a week or so there should be a fair wager.

O.K BET IS ON! :clap:

I SAKS-AVENUE Will bet OneSharpMArble that the Flyers will make the play-offs in the 2007/08 season. Loser gets banned for 10 days. From July 1st to July 10th 2008. Upon return the Loser's Signature must read" I "loser's name" LOVE THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!!!" from July 11th to the 21st 2008.

Marble do you except this bet?

I SAKS-AVENUE Will bet OneSharpMArble that the Flyers will make the play-offs in the 2007/08 season. Loser gets banned for 10 days. From July 1st to July 10th 2008. Upon return the Loser's Signature must read" I "loser's name" LOVE THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!!!" from July 11th to the 21st 2008.

You're on. :lol:

Can the flyers go from dead last to at least 8th spot with a team freshly cobbled together? I'm willing to say no. I am fairly confident that there is at least 8 teams better than the flyers in the East. :P

Now that is a bet^

I am in as well. But I would not like to be banned for the NHL FA day so I will do the final week in June.

You're on. :lol:

Can the flyers go from dead last to at least 8th spot with a team freshly cobbled together? I'm willing to say no. I am fairly confident that there is at least 8 teams better than the flyers in the East. :P

Wager certified.

Any info on how much $ is Yashin saying "Unacceptable" to?

he should still be on BG radar as plan not B or C but by now around T or Q... nevertheless I wanna know.. whats he wanting

he should still be on BG radar as plan not B or C but by now around T or Q... nevertheless I wanna know.. whats he wanting

i hear toronto is all about him. let them have him . he washed up

Apparently he wants market value, so probably around $5 to $6 Million a year. Says his buyout shouldn't be a factor in a new contract.

I guess what GM's consider a factor is his gutlessness in the playoffs. LEt the loser go play in Russia. Gladly watch him choke in the World Championships and other international events

Apparently he wants market value, so probably around $5 to $6 Million a year. Says his buyout shouldn't be a factor in a new contract.

I guess what GM's consider a factor is his gutlessness in the playoffs. LEt the loser go play in Russia. Gladly watch him choke in the World Championships and other international events

everyone should be 'bashin yashin! HA

:clap:

I still believe he will sign for 1.5-2.5 and make the team that signs him very happy.

I still believe he will sign for 1.5-2.5 and make the team that signs him very happy.

Reports would indicate otherwise... Yashin isn't gonna play for peanuts or glory.

He'll play in Russia before he signs for that amount here. I have a feeling some stupid GM will probably offer him a $4 Million a year contract...somebody will get desparate