Sam Pollock Canadiens' former GM, dies at 81

Sam would be the kind of Ghost to kick the rest of the ghosts in gear and bring them to the BELL....

What a legend (off the ice) the master mind behind the 77 team!

He was an absolute genius.

I hope Red Fisher does a obituary for him tomorrow in the Gazette. Some of the stories I have heard about him are just great when he drafted Gainey for example.

Cheers Sam :clap:

Lets hope that his ghost does not go to the Pepsi Forum to reside and finds his way to the Bell Center.

You will be missed by all habs fans

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/08/sam_p...ens_brillian_1/

Rest In Peace and THANK YOU VERY MUCH Sam. You are legend! :hlogo:

Thank you's are indeed in order. Sam was the architect of the last great Canadiens dynasty - under conditions that his predecesors didn't have to deal with. He was a brilliant hockey mind and is largely responsible for the Canadiens pre-eminence in Cup victories. 9 Cups in 14 years - not a bad record.

Rest in peace, Mr. Pollock.

I was lucky enough to be a fan through this mans era. I would say RIP but would rather you raise some more ghosts and lead them to The Bell. Think he would be happier that way anyhow.

I was lucky enough to be a fan through this mans era. I would say RIP but would rather you raise some more ghosts and lead them to The Bell. Think he would be happier that way anyhow.

This "builder" should be retired. I know some may say retiring builders is overkill. However, this is Les Canadien. We retire numbers, we don't "honour" them like some other fools.

Just put up Pollock without a number. He's got to be the greatest GM in history :hlogo:

The organization will honour him this year. That will be special. And yes, Geoffrion, Ferguson and Pollock are at the Bell Centre. The Mighty Rocket Maurice Richard was at rest in the Bell Centre.

:hlogo: