Rookie camp

MAK

Early September I would guess.

well the pro cam starts around the 10th with the golf tournament where they feed us crap on how improve the team his and then its the physical. so my guess would be that the pros are on the ice 3-5 days bnefore the games start.

Sept 14 at the complexe 4 glace I believe. Some teams start as soon as the tenth (Anaheim). Most camps start 13/14th.

I think you guya are talking about the regular camp. The rookie camp is before that I would think it starts very soon. They are not participating in the rookie tourney but they are still having a camp.

I think you guya are talking about the regular camp. The rookie camp is before that I would think it starts very soon. They are not participating in the rookie tourney but they are still having a camp.

Right you are. Meant to mention that I was only putting up (and only know) the date for the main camp.

I think the Sept 4th guess makes sense for the rookie camp.

Can't come soon enough!

One week to go until things start to get rolling :clap:

giddy yup !!

isn't it montreal's turn to have the rookies tournament?? I know it was here three years ago.

giddy yup !!

isn't it montreal's turn to have the rookies tournament?? I know it was here three years ago.

Rookie camp starts September 7th but I may have read in some other publication where there is no rookie tournament this year.

Rookie camp starts September 7th but I may have read in some other publication where there is no rookie tournament this year.

you could be right. sucks !!

Isn't "marky & Komi" for Markov and Komisarek... and yet you have a picture of D'agostini under your id?

yeah I know but I didn't find a picture of komisarek and markov kissing...if you find one, please let me know. of the lat two years I've had many different avatar including some of komisarek and markov.

as for d'agostini, I saw him play last year at the bell center against syracuse and he really impress me. he's a bona ofde prospect and I'm sure he'll play in the NHL withing 2 years. good two way player.

Rookie camp from 8-11 septembre, @ the Bell Centre:

27 joueurs au camp des recrues

Invited players:

Mathieu Aubin

Thomas Beauregard

Mathieu Carle

Cameron Cepek

Kyle Chipchura

Andrew Conboy

Matt D'agostini

David Desharnais

Olivier Fortier

Jon Gleed

Scott Kishel

Sergei Kostitsyn

Mathieu Labrie

Janne Lahti

Benjamin Maxwell

Ryan O'byrne

Sébastien Piché

Ryan Russell

Gregory Stewart

P.K. Subban

Pavel Valentenko

Yannick Weber

Ryan White

Cédrick Desjardins

Carey Price

Andrew Loverock

Loic Lacasse

:hlogo:

Edited by mathieu30

Noting the absence of A. Kostitsyn and Lapierre, can it finally be said that they are presumed on the pro team by the coaching staff?

I believe they are still considered "rookies."

I'm pretty sure neither one is still a rookie. Isn't the threshold 10 NHL games played?

I'm pretty sure neither one is still a rookie. Isn't the threshold 10 NHL games played?

Only players with 1 year of NA pro experience or less was invited. Notice that the only Bulldogs at this (or ECHL players) were pro rookies last year. So even guys like Locke & Urquhart who haven't played one game in the NHL yet aren't invited to this.

Latendresse is the only guy with just one year of NA pro experience that isn't invited, but since it was all NHL experience it's pretty understandable why he isn't there.

Mind you, this is speculation from my part, but maybe Latendresse and Andrei Kostitsyn weren't invited because most of their training is done under the help and direction from someone of the Habs?

I know it's not the best speculation since some of the rookies and prospects come to Montreal in the summer to train with the Habs staff.

A. Kostitsyn is not at Rookie Camp because he has nothing to prove against the rookies. His real trial is at the real camp, with the few rookies who won't have been scratched after the rookie camp tuesday. Players who are at rookie camp are the ones who must fight for an invitation to the real camp. But some player are pro-camp bound even tho they're at rookie camp; Price, Chips, O'Byrne, and S. Kostitsyn

I will be there tomorrow, I will also attend the Jamboree next Sunday and a day at training camp at the 4-glaces in Pierrefonds.

Price belongs in the NHL, he dominated. Only let in a couple of shots in 2 and a half hours of practicing. He doesn't seem to have any weaknesses; great stickhandling, quick on his feet, great reflexes, great positioning, ...

Lahti surprised me - he's also a lock for the NHL team for me. Much faster and much more talented than I expected he should be exactly what we were hoping for from Perezhogin before last season: 1st line potential but good enough defensively for 3rd line duty if need be. I'm excited to see this guy play because he's got a sniper's skillset in a power forward's body (at 6'2, 216). He didn't do very well in the drills but most people didn't.

Subban also stood out among everyone else. He's a step a head for sure. He has a cannon of a slapshot and his wristshot seems to go top corner every time.

I was a bit disappointed with Valentenko and O'Byrne though. Both of them looked kind of clunky and lost when they had the puck.

It was hard to get a good look at everyone though because it was all stickhandling, balance and skating drills that everyone did at the same time so you can't really get a good look at any one person.

The only two I expect to crack our opening day roster are Price and Lahti, though up to 5 or 6 more could do it throughout the season.