Rumour: A-Rod and the Cubs, holy cow!

Pierre the Great

I highly doubt this is anything more than Boras putting out a rumour to try to up the market price of his client. The fact that the supposed contract is against MLB rules and the dealing is perilously close to tampering, leads me to think that somebody (Boras?) has an active imagination.

Lemieux was first an owner and then came out of retirement.

due to NBA rules Jordan had to give up his ownership role for the wizards. That's why he's with the Bobcats now.

They weren't offered a contract to own a piece of a team along with a regular salary.

Arguing semantics.

A bat should never be worth that much. For thirty million dollars you can get an all-star pitcher, a dominant reliever, and a game over closer. That would equal a championship pitching staff. A-rod hasn't won shkiat.

A bat should never be worth that much. For thirty million dollars you can get an all-star pitcher, a dominant reliever, and a game over closer. That would equal a championship pitching staff. A-rod hasn't won shkiat.

Lets hope it stays that way.

Its the CUBS!! They're not the smartest organization.

it's not the CUBS!?!?!?!?! it's some dude who might possibly buy the CUBS?!?!?!?!

and actually, it's not even that dude... because this is some stupid rumour.

Pierre... can't you see that the story doesn't really add up?

A-Rod might not be worth 30 million, but he is probably the single most valuable player in the entire league. Having an ace and a Putz and a setup guy would necissarily net you a championship level pitching staff. Guys like Zito, who had Street, and Jake Peavy, who has Trevor Hoffman and Cla Meredith, have never won anything either.

... and it really isn't A-Rod's fault that he hasn't won a championship. His career OPS+ of 148 has definitely helped his teams get into the postseason, and he basically kept new york in the hunt this year with an OPS+ of 180(!?!?!). I don't really think his salary hindered the Yankees' ability to sign players.

In 35 postseason games he has an .847 OPS... which isn't amazing, but isn't awful. He also has a 1.024 OPS in the ALCS... which is pretty damn good.

If A-Rod extends his contract with NYY for $30 million, then Texas is still on the hook for $7million. Net $23Million for New York.

And I thought Washington Capitals still paying what 30% of Jagrs contract with the New York Rangers was bad; this just shows how stupid Texas is as an baseball operation!

cubs fan simonus?

not in the slightest... I really dislike the Cubs. I just don't automatically decide that everybody I dislike does everything wrong.

I also dislike the Yankees, but I think A-Rod is a phenomenal baseball player, who at one point offered to reduce his salary to facilitate a trade to Boston.