Bob Hartley Fired

JMMR

When you look at the exodus of quality players from the Thrashers over the past two seasons...especially on defense...it's pretty easy to see why they are struggling. It had nothing to do with coaching.

Edited by sbhatt

Waddell is just trying t otake the pressure off himself but he is next. He ruined that team. Hartley is a good coach.

Hartley is a fine coach, but I detect a bit of a lack of creativity out of him. He seems to hav a shelf life of about 3 years and change. I'm willing to bet that players stop listening to him after a while, and he doesn't have what it takes to regain their attention. He was fired from Colorado in the midsts of a losing streak as well.

Hartley is a fine coach, but I detect a bit of a lack of creativity out of him. He seems to hav a shelf life of about 3 years and change. I'm willing to bet that players stop listening to him after a while, and he doesn't have what it takes to regain their attention. He was fired from Colorado in the midsts of a losing streak as well.

I hate to say but just about every coach gets fired in a losing streak. :unsure:

I hate to say but just about every coach gets fired in a losing streak. :unsure:

Yes, including the end of last season (i.e. a suffering a complete sweep at the hand of the Rangers in the playoffs) the Thrashers had, what, 10 consecutive losses? Something like that.

Yes, including the end of last season (i.e. a suffering a complete sweep at the hand of the Rangers in the playoffs) the Thrashers had, what, 10 consecutive losses? Something like that.

Including the playoffs, they ended the season with a 4 game lossing streak. So yeah, including games played 7 months later, they were on a 10 game losing streak.

Personally I think Atlanta's suck fest this year is beacause of 1 thing: Holik!!

I'm not suggesting its solely Holiks fault. I mean Holik is to blame because they made him Captain for some dumb reason. I strongly beleive that Captains should be promoted from within and not given to a UFA that landed on the team. I'm sure Illya was pleased that he wasnt named Captain because he most likely should have been.

I think the Flyers screwed up too making Smith their Captain, Im sure Gagne was real happy with that. Boston named Chara Captain and I dont need to tell ya how well that worked out. :D

hopefully the owner doesn't stop there, fires the gm, president, then puts the team up for sale and they can move to canada like the last Atlanta franchise.

No doubt!! :lol: