Game Thread | Bruins de Boston vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 10/22/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bouillon makes a swipe around at the puck, and gets called for holding. Can anyone else explain the logic in that, 'cause it's lost on me.

Simple, he missed the puck. If he gets the puck, no call, if he misses and either trips the player or wraps his stick around his waist, he gets a penaly.

Good penalty to take actually, that was dangerous rush.

Edited by brobin

Bouillon makes a swipe around at the puck, and gets called for holding. Can anyone else explain the logic in that, 'cause it's lost on me.

I wish I could. I don't undesrstand how anyone can follow NHL penalties anymore. It'as subjective as abstract art. I don't see that working in sports...or bringing more fans.....I love hockey and have been watching it for years. Never have I been so confused. It really makes the game seem fixed, I hate it.

Simple, he missed the puck. If he gets the puck, no call, if he misses and either trips the player or wraps his stick around his waist, he gets a penaly.

hmmmmmmmm, I didn't realize that......o.k

thanks for that tidbit....

I wish I could. I don't undesrstand how anyone can follow NHL penalties anymore. It'as subjective as abstract art. I don't see that working in sports...or bringing more fans.....I love hockey and have been watching it for years. Never have I been so confused. It really makes the game seem fixed, I hate it.

brobin explained it. You HAVE to touch the puck first to establish that you were legitimately going for it.

If he had made a diving attempt at the puck, then I'd agree. But Bouillon never left his feet, and neither did the Bruin player, for that matter. He got a shot away, and Huet saved it.

Just to clarify, are you watching or listening to the radio feed?

If he had made a diving attempt at the puck, then I'd agree. But Bouillon never left his feet, and neither did the Bruin player, for that matter. He got a shot away, and Huet saved it.

Just to clarify, are you watching or listening to the radio feed?

Watching, in HD, with PVR. Boo boo wrapped his stick and arm around the guy's waist, thats going to get called every time. He swiped at the puck from behind, which is how he ended up in that state. It was a good call, but also a good penalty, that had goal written all over it.