Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Ottawa | 11/10/07

Spider-Man NL

You hate to promote a player who hasn't really brought it yet this season, but why not Latendresse on the first with Higgins and Koivu? He did well on Koivu's wing last season, and maybe he is inspired by Higgins and Koivu's heart to elevate his game to what it should be.

doesn't tender play on the opposite wing?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't tender play on the opposite wing?

He plays both wings, but RW is his natural position. He's actually been playing his "off-wing" this year but I doubt that's an excuse for his play - he played LW last year too.

"He had 23 goals as a rookie in 2005-06 and 22 last season, despite missing 21 games either sick or injured. The No. 40 was suggested and the six-foot- 200-pound Higgins nodded.

"I definitely think I'm capable of reaching 40 goals," he said. "That's a good marker for me.

"Playing the minutes I play and with the guys I'm with, I think I have enough skill so I could score 40. It's a long season and it'll take a lot of work and a couple of lucky bounces, but I think I have the talent to put up those kinds of numbers.""

No way Latendresse deserves and can fill first line duties while recovering

groin injury, has a hard time skating when healthy.

Ryder sucks but still is a better player than Latendresse at this moment.

No it's a game against Ottawa, stick with the lines and tell the guys to do their best

no experts expect us to win tonight but we can roll lines and get some points, its not like

they are invincible.

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Kots-Plek-Kovalev

Grab-Smoke-Dandenouille

Lats-Chips-Kosto

*Bégin is hurt and questionnable to play tonight

Go habs go.

Afternoon games were terrible last year but the year before they were solid. Which will it be this year? This is once again a serious test of what we have and how good we are. The Habs can play with the Sens. Hope they can find their number today.

"He had 23 goals as a rookie in 2005-06 and 22 last season, despite missing 21 games either sick or injured. The No. 40 was suggested and the six-foot- 200-pound Higgins nodded.

"I definitely think I'm capable of reaching 40 goals," he said. "That's a good marker for me.

"Playing the minutes I play and with the guys I'm with, I think I have enough skill so I could score 40. It's a long season and it'll take a lot of work and a couple of lucky bounces, but I think I have the talent to put up those kinds of numbers.""

Atta boy, I like the attitude. As long as it's not cocky I'm fine with him saying something like that, it shows confidence and thats what this team needs. Great leader.

Today will be a tough test, Gerbers been playing amazing, but this team can do it. GO HABS GO