Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Ottawa | 11/10/07

Spider-Man NL

he's struggling.. give him a break.. if in a couple of days he gets hot and starts potting them.... well.. just give the kid a break.

He'll start scoring.. mark my words.

I really hope your right. Would love to see him get on a little hot streak. Maybe all it will take is one, as he seems to be lacking the confidence right now.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of repeating myself....he's a one-dimensional player who's only role is to score goals. If he's not scoring, he's not contributing nearly enough to justify his icetime...especially on the first line.

In case you haven't noticed, he's been working on his two way play and it actually has been notable, which makes him more than a one dimensional player.

Out of curiousity, were you one of the ones complaining about his -25 last season?

If you'd like, he could go back to focusing solely on offense (and subsequently easing up on his defensive play,) but me... I'd like to see if he can continue to develop his more well rounded game, and see where he's at by the end of the season.

i really down think you watch the game, it was ryder fighting in the corner on the goal we got, he was skating hard all night and was shoting alot more, ryder number is 73 you might think it was 84.

If you guys are satisfied with that effort as one of the top 2 forwards in the game. Go nuts. I did not consider those scoring chances.

I actually got excited as he broke down the wing and then watched his weak backhand and wondered how it was not a scoring chance.

Ryder working hard is not enough. He got bounced off the cycle numerous times, He is rarely in the scoring zone and he does not get a free pass

because he has not earned it this season. I do not blame him, i am not scapegoating him. But that is not good enough on the top line

If you guys are satisfied with that effort as one of the top 2 forwards in the game. Go nuts. I did not consider those scoring chances.

I actually got excited as he broke down the wing and then watched his weak backhand and wondered how it was not a scoring chance.

Ryder working hard is not enough. He got bounced off the cycle numerous times, He is rarely in the scoring zone and he does not get a free pass

because he has not earned it this season. I do not blame him, i am not scapegoating him. But that is not good enough on the top line

[/quote

his play just as good everyone else on the top line, watch the game, just not the highlights

[/quote

his play just as good everyone else on the top line, watch the game, just not the highlights

In case you haven't noticed, he's been working on his two way play and it actually has been notable, which makes him more than a one dimensional player.

Out of curiousity, were you one of the ones complaining about his -25 last season?

If you'd like, he could go back to focusing solely on offense (and subsequently easing up on his defensive play,) but me... I'd like to see if he can continue to develop his more well rounded game, and see where he's at by the end of the season.

I'm not complaining about his trying harder in the defensive zone...I'm more aggravated by the oftentimes boneheaded decisions he's making in the offensive zone. For example...tonight he went into the zone with great speed...and had a clear shot on the forehand from the top of the circle to the hashmarks. Instead of letting it rip, he holds it too long and puts a weak backhander on net from a position where he had no angle whatsoever. I know he can't deke worth a damn....you know he can't deke worth a damn....everyone in the building knows he can't deke worth a damn...so shoot the goddamn puck for heaven's sake!

That is true but his main responsibility is to score. Defensive play is a given for any player.

Ryder scores in bunches. We need someone who will score 1 every other game, not 2 or 3 in one game every 12 games played. That helps the team for one game every 12 games played.

It is not enough.

Koivu and Higgins were sub-par today as well. But they get a break on that, because they contribute more often than not. Can't say the same for Ryder.

Well, good 2 way players SCORE. That is why they are TWO WAY players. Tom Kostopolous is not a 2 way player because he does not score.

Ryder is the 10th best forward defensively, so if he is the 10th best defensively and the 8th best offensively, is that 2 way? or No way?

I don't like him, I do not want to retain him in the future. I hope he picks it up so Gainey can package him for a true sniper. IMO. Disagree if you like.

LOL, OK.

Please

I'm not complaining about his trying harder in the defensive zone...I'm more aggravated by the oftentimes boneheaded decisions he's making in the offensive zone. For example...tonight he went into the zone with great speed...and had a clear shot on the forehand from the top of the circle to the hashmarks. Instead of letting it rip, he holds it too long and puts a weak backhander on net from a position where he had no angle whatsoever. I know he can't deke worth a damn....you know he can't deke worth a damn....everyone in the building knows he can't deke worth a damn...so shoot the goddamn puck for heaven's sake!

that happens to pretty much every superstar nightly. its hockey... sometimes it works and sometimes it dont..watch a game once in a while..

Yes, he's clearly thinking too much. I'd move him off the top line to ease the pressure to perform offensively, but for those calling for him to be traded, or wanting him to go back to his offense-only style because he's in an offensive slump, well, I guess there is no pleasing the fickle fans where the only stat that counts are goals.

that happens to pretty much every superstar nightly. its hockey... sometimes it works and sometimes it dont..watch a game once in a while..

If a guy who has had success pulling a move like that does it and fails..well, that's law of averages. When it's a guy like Ryder, he should be shooting it every time...that's all he has going for him in the skills department.

FYI: I watch EVERY Habs game and usually at least two other games weekly. So you can cut the condescending bullshit, you moron.

If a guy who has had success pulling a move like that does it and fails..well, that's law of averages. When it's a guy like Ryder, he should be shooting it every time...that's all he has going for him in the skills department.

FYI: I watch EVERY Habs game and usually at least two other games weekly. So you can cut the condescending bullshit, you moron.

Agree, earn some respect on here before you start condescending others.

Yes, he's clearly thinking too much. I'd move him off the top line to ease the pressure to perform offensively, but for those calling for him to be traded, or wanting him to go back to his offense-only style because he's in an offensive slump, well, I guess there is no pleasing the fickle fans where the only stat that counts are goals.

the sad thing is if his name was latendressae and he put up the number ryder as in his career, he have a school in montreal name after him...some people make me lol...want a joke...

GO HABS GO

That is not a fair statement!

We can't score 5 on 5. We need production out of guys like Ryder. I applaud his defensive effort but if that is now his forte then perhaps he is better suited for third line duty?

the sad thing is if his name was latendressae and he put up the number ryder as in his career, he have a school in montreal name after him...some people make me lol...want a joke...

GO HABS GO

Maybe because Lats is 20 years old? Ryder is 26. And Lats has been getting hammered on this board.

Also, don't know if you noticed but Lats is on pace for 12 goals. 4 below his output last season. Ryder 20 goals below his last season output.

Can you spot the difference in expectation?

Edited by Wamsley01

moron. WANT YOU EVER DO IN YOUR LIFE TO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT CALL ME A MORON FOR MY OPINION...TOUGH GUY ON A COMPUTER....

Maybe because Lats is 20 years old? Ryder is 26. And Lats has been getting hammered on this board.

YOU LIKE TO THROW STONES, WATCH OUT FOR THAT GLASS HOUSE

Also, don't know if you noticed but Lats is on pace for 12 goals. 4 below his output last season. Ryder 20 goals below his last season output.

Can you spot the difference in expectation?

if you just judge hockey plays by goals, that says it all

Well, good 2 way players SCORE. That is why they are TWO WAY players. Tom Kostopolous is not a 2 way player because he does not score.

Ryder is the 10th best forward defensively, so if he is the 10th best defensively and the 8th best offensively, is that 2 way? or No way?

I'm using the words "two way play" in regards to Ryder as just stating he's trying to be more defensively aware, and he is. I'm not asking Ryder to be the next Jere Lehtinen, a true two way player, but come on people! Would you honestly rather he go back to playing at one end of the ice? Ryder has been crucified on this message board (and others) for only playing offense. Now he becomes more defensively responsible, hits an offensive slump while adjusting to a new style of play, and he's still getting ripped.

moron. WANT YOU EVER DO IN YOUR LIFE TO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT CALL ME A MORON FOR MY OPINION...TOUGH GUY ON A COMPUTER....

YOU LIKE TO THROW STONES, WATCH OUT FOR THAT GLASS HOUSE

Are you kidding me? Yo eminem, settle down.

Tough guy on a computer....LOL. You condescend 2 people, then talk about glass houses. Keep proving your worth to the boards slim shady

That is not a fair statement!

We can't score 5 on 5. We need production out of guys like Ryder. I applaud his defensive effort but if that is now his forte then perhaps he is better suited for third line duty?

I wouldn't call it his forte, but I would call it an adjustment to his game. I agree though, get him off the top line, ease off the pressure to perform and see where he goes.

I analyzed your knee-jerk defense of Michael Ryder's abysmal play, noted your constant assumptions that anyone with a negative opinion of Ryder's play must not be watching the games, and formed an opionion of you based on that. Any other questions, genius?

Are you kidding me? Yo eminem, settle down.

Tough guy on a computer....LOL. You condescend 2 people, then talk about glass houses. Keep proving your worth to the boards slim shady

if iam eminem, you are ja rule lol, and you the guy calling me moron...get some class

Get rid of BOUILLON. He's gottaaaaaaaa goooooooooooooo. Ryder is just slumping, but the Cube is just a 7th d-man at best.

Was he not the main reason for the winning goal today?

Rented like a 'mule' one-on-one, then screened Huet on Neil's shot.

Send him packing!!!!!