2008 U-20 World Junior Championship/Habs Thread

Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read PK looks like he should make it in the #6/7 role.

That would be quite the fit considering Wishart was cut and was a 2006 1st rounder, along with Ellerby who was a 2007 first rounder.

There are still 9 D men left in camp though so he's gotta survive 2 more cuts.

White is still around too, be awesome if they both made it.

Edit: Ryan White has been cut, PK Subban has made the team.

Too bad to hear that White was cut. Hard to believe that Subban made the team. If you had asked me this summer which Canadian prospect of the habs would make the team I'd have put Subban behind both White and Maxwell.

Good for PK on doing what it takes to play for Team Canada, it should be a great opportunity for him!

Too bad to hear that White was cut. Hard to believe that Subban made the team. If you had asked me this summer which Canadian prospect of the habs would make the team I'd have put Subban behind both White and Maxwell.

Good for PK on doing what it takes to play for Team Canada, it should be a great opportunity for him!

PK is on a mission to prove the doubters wrong, IMO. The coolest thing about PK is that he wants to be great... and he seems willing to work to make that happen.

PK is on a mission to prove the doubters wrong, IMO. The coolest thing about PK is that he wants to be great... and he seems willing to work to make that happen.

agreed.... its incredibly hard not to root for him. Can't wait to see him in Montreal :) He's the kind of guy who brings the energy every game, something this team sorely lacks.

agreed.... its incredibly hard not to root for him. Can't wait to see him in Montreal :) He's the kind of guy who brings the energy every game, something this team sorely lacks.

What will be more interesting is to see where the heck he's going to play if he ever makes it in Montreal. At this moment, Markov, Komisarek, and Hamrlik have guaranteed sports for the next few years, which leaves only 3 regular spots for a whole lot of young players.

So far, it seems that O'Byrne and McDonagh could make it, and then we still have Emelin, Valentenko, Carle, Fischer, Subban, and Weber all looking interesting for the future. That's not including Streit, ,Gorges, Paquet who could become an interesting depth physical defenseman, Torp who seems talented as weel, Stejskal who's a wild card in my opinion, as well as Cepek and Kishel who will probably never in Montreal.

If Gainey is still the GM, we can probably add a couple of Dandeneault-like bums since Gainey seems to like having way too many players, which sometimes cost better younger players (ex. Hainsey and Beauchemin) a chance to make it in this organization.

Radulov had a lot to do with it, didnt he score like 167 points in the Q that one year. It is time for people to realize that Esposito is simply not that good. PIT took him because they have nothing to lose. But I doubt he will ever be anything more than a second liner who may score 50 points. If he becomes more I will eat my words, but I dont think he will.

This makes Mcdonaugh look a whole lot better, as he missed the cut in his first chance to make the team, not getting skipped on three seperate times!

HA HA HA Esposito sucks, the whole Quebec City will be bashed by Montrealers on rds.ca talkbacks ha ha ha they always seem to think that a guy who is dominant with Québec's Remparts is always the next big thing in the NHL... HA HA HA

Jonathan Bernier (Lewiston)

Steve Mason (London)

Défenseurs :

Karl Alzner (Calgary)

Drew Doughty (Guelph)

Josh Godfrey (Sault Ste. Marie)

Thomas Hickey (Seattle)

Logan Pyett (Regina)

Luke Schenn (Kelowna)

P.K. Subban (Belleville)

Attaquants :

Zachary Boychuk (Lethbridge)

Colton Gillies (Saskatoon)

Claude Giroux (Gatineau)

Matthew Halischuk (Kitchener)

Riley Holzapfel (Moose Jaw)

Stefan Legein (Niagara)

Brad Marchand (Val-d'Or)

Shawn Matthias (Belleville)

Wayne Simmonds (Sault Ste. Marie)

Steven Stamkos (Sarnia)

Brandon Sutter (Red Deer)

John Tavares (Oshawa)

Kyle Turris (Wisconsin)

These guys will kill the shit out of anybody, but go Pacciorety too !

angelo esposito has tied Dan Cleary's record of getting the boot a 3rd time in 3 tries at team canada.

Even Jacques Demers Gave it to esposito during the intermission.

Did anyone else see the clip of PK Subban being welcomed to Team Canada. The clip had them showing up at his hotel room door and congratulating him with team canada staff. While he was there his phone rang and his dad was on the phone. Just great stuff to see for the kid, hard not to like him.

Did anyone else see the clip of PK Subban being welcomed to Team Canada. The clip had them showing up at his hotel room door and congratulating him with team canada staff. While he was there his phone rang and his dad was on the phone. Just great stuff to see for the kid, hard not to like him.

He really could become a treat to watch when he makes the Canadiens./

Jonathan Bernier (Lewiston)

Steve Mason (London)

Défenseurs :

Karl Alzner (Calgary)

Drew Doughty (Guelph)

Josh Godfrey (Sault Ste. Marie)

Thomas Hickey (Seattle)

Logan Pyett (Regina)

Luke Schenn (Kelowna)

P.K. Subban (Belleville)

Attaquants :

Zachary Boychuk (Lethbridge)

Colton Gillies (Saskatoon)

Claude Giroux (Gatineau)

Matthew Halischuk (Kitchener)

Riley Holzapfel (Moose Jaw)

Stefan Legein (Niagara)

Brad Marchand (Val-d'Or)

Shawn Matthias (Belleville)

Wayne Simmonds (Sault Ste. Marie)

Steven Stamkos (Sarnia)

Brandon Sutter (Red Deer)

John Tavares (Oshawa)

Kyle Turris (Wisconsin)

These guys will kill the shit out of anybody, but go Pacciorety too !

What do you mean? At first I thought you meant they bring it physically, but you put Pyett on there which confuses me big time.... He's generously listed at 5'10" and wouldn't hurt anyone with a body check... maybe a slap shot, though.

He will be liked, there is nothing wrong with this kid, him and Weber are the steals

of last draft.

Team Canada could have been way stronger offensively with Perron (St-Louis).

At leat Marchand is there.

No way i would root for the Americans even if our prospects are there.

More so Mcdonaugh is not there, this is why americans loose year after year, because they

only give the chance to the older guys.

Canada beat Slovakia today in an exhibition match 6-1. Tavares had 3 points, leading the way for Canada.

We play another exhibition game on Saturday against Finland before the tournament starts on Boxing Day against the Czechs.

What do you mean? At first I thought you meant they bring it physically, but you put Pyett on there which confuses me big time.... He's generously listed at 5'10" and wouldn't hurt anyone with a body check... maybe a slap shot, though.

I mean that with all these guy on the team, we just cannot don't win the gold...