Letters for Kovalev

PMAC

I applaud the effort of the online questionairre --- doing something positive, even if you question its effectiveness, is always better than doing nothing.

Unfortunately, I question the usefulness of the exercise. BG is going to TRY to sign Kovalev if his analysis says its worthwhile and if he can get K under contract within the team's budget. The first is probably a lock; the second, who knows?

I suggest that fans sending personal letters to Kovalev--NOT email-- telling him how much we loved having him in a Habs uniform and how much we want him back might do some small good in convincing how wonderful a city Montreal is to play in and why he should accept less $$$ to stay in Montreal than to go try to re-establish himself with another team, in a "non-hockey market".

I KNOW that this might not accomplish anything, but I'm going to do it anyway, because it certainly can't hurt for the player to know how much the fans really want him.

:ghg:

I copied this information from the Canadiens Official Website.

GUIDELINES

To contact a member of the organization or Canadiens player via regular mail*:

Send your correspondence to:

Alexei Kovalev

c/o The Montreal Canadiens

1275 St. Antoine Street West

Montreal, QC, CANADA

H3C 5L2

*Note that if you are sending cards or other material to be autographed by players, it is recommended that you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your inquiry. The team cannot be held responsible for the potential loss of any items sent in the mail.

[Edited on 2004/5/12 by PMAC]

I think it would be great if some people sent Kovalev a letter (regular mail). Anyone can send an email, but real-mail shows that you took the time/effort to get through to him.

Stamps arent that expensive, come on! Send him your letters ;)

Wait, DeNiro played for the Habs?

And has hockey cards?

No Way!

Edit: Under careful searching, De Niro's only season with the Habs was a successful one, playing on the fourth line with limited ice time. However, he did manage to get his name on the Cup. Here is a photo of him with one of our greatest captains, The Rocket:

DeNiro.jpg

[Edited on 2004/5/18 by TheAussiePosse]