We Have 9 Dmen in the Lineup

MAK

let's face it, its not because we have tons of D that we have tons of talent.

Streit: shaky on D lately, has lost PP touch.

Bouillon: 6th Dman, doesn't hit much, overpriced, premarturely aging

Dandenault: not a good D, not a good foward, overpriced

Gorges :not the best, smallish but he' young and cheap

Brisebois: good ol' Patrice is back. offensive upsides, shaky on D but comes in cheap.

O'Byrne: rookie, unproven but big, gritty cheap and young.

can we have Dmen that play D and fowards that play foward?? please!! the farce has to stop.

as much as I like him, bouillon as to go first, especilally if obyrne and gorges can do the god at a cheaper price.

I really doubt GMs are inquiring about dandenault.

streit?? well...we need grit on D, I dont mind if he's sacrificed. he's the only one IMO with at least a little trade value.

brisebois: I can live with him since he's gone at the end of the year.

How can you say Dandenault hasn't been a good forward? He's been one of our best players (forward, defence or goalie) from now since the start of the season. I agree, he's been mediocre ever since we've picked him up, but this year he's doing awesome as a RW and I'd be happy to keep him there.

Bouillon should be the first defenceman to go. O'Byrne will take his permanent roster spot but he will have to keep his nose to the grindstone if he wants to avoid joining the rotating door of Gorges and Brisebois.

How can you say Dandenault hasn't been a good forward? He's been one of our best players (forward, defence or goalie) from now since the start of the season. I agree, he's been mediocre ever since we've picked him up, but this year he's doing awesome as a RW and I'd be happy to keep him there.

not at his price. 1.5M+ is too much for a 3rd liner that isnt pahlson or madden

a guy that has 7 pts and a minus 6 rate isnt great. the thing is: he's only playing foward because he doenst have room on D. he does bring speed I'll give you that.

however, 3rd and 4rth liner must bring energy and grit and a bit of scoring as well. the most important: energy guys have to be over zero in the plus/minus rating. I can forgive latendresse, lapierre and chipchura because theyre young but dandy is in his 30s, he should know be better.

There was no question like that before Markov got hurt.

Nobody else can eat his ice time and Komisarek showing signs of fatigue.

Nobody in the lat 5 defense his physical or able to afflict pain.

The problem with the team being soft is that rougher team go thought this defense

like a swiss cheese.

And this is not only the play of defensemen, everybody should jump on the puck

first, never let opponnents be the first on the puck and clear the zone without

fancy plays.

Is that so much to expect ??

I do not care if there was 10 defensemen on the ice as long as we don't give

an inch to to the opponent. And when we have the puck drive the net.

I do not care if there was 10 defensemen on the ice as long as we don't give

an inch to to the opponent. And when we have the puck drive the net.

agreed. but we dont have those 10 D. I don't know yet about O'Byrne but if he's decent enough to play 10-15 minutes a game, he should stay and one of the other boys leave.

Dandenault: not a good D, not a good foward, overpriced

not at his price. 1.5M+ is too much for a 3rd liner that isnt pahlson or madden

a guy that has 7 pts and a minus 6 rate isnt great. the thing is: he's only playing foward because he doenst have room on D. he does bring speed I'll give you that.

I don'T know what games you've been watching, but Dandeneault has resurected his career as a forward. He's really fast, and has no problems using his body(crash and bang!). True he doesn't have much talent, but he gets the job done. And at 1.75 million per year, i think it's OK (he's on pace to score 10 goals and 22 points)

I agree with BTH, Dandeneault is NOT the problem on this team!

Tonight, I wanna see these defensive pairings:

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Gorges - Streit or Brisebois

Sit Bouillon and Brisebois/Streit out for tonights game.

I also wanna see O'byrne next to Hamrlik for more than 1 game. give the kid 3 or 4 games to really see how he adapts. We all know that Hamrlik can play with rookie d-men(he did it for 2 years with Pahneuf), let's give O'Byrne a real chance!

Edited by Habsfan

Since Harmlik is usually used against the other team's best forwards, I doubt he'll be paired with O'Byrne. The kid just came from the AHL, dont expect him to get top 4 minutes.

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Bouillon/Streit-O'Byrne

This allows Streit to go back to his natural side.

Since Harmlik is usually used against the other team's best forwards,

Ummm, i think you're wrong. Markov and Komi have been playing all year against opposing teams best forwards, not Hamrlik!

Edited by Habsfan

I don'T know what games you've been watching, but Dandeneault has resurected his career as a forward. He's really fast, and has no problems using his body(crash and bang!). True he doesn't have much talent, but he gets the job done. And at 12.75 million per year, i think it's OK (he's on pace to score 10 goals and 22 points)

no wonder we are near the cap?!!? ^_^

I don'T know what games you've been watching, but Dandeneault has resurected his career as a forward. He's really fast, and has no problems using his body(crash and bang!). True he doesn't have much talent, but he gets the job done. And at 12.75 million per year, i think it's OK (he's on pace to score 10 goals and 22 points)

he's not to worse player on the team...he's just a symptom of a bigger problem. Montreal have too many players that dont have a real assingment.

fowards are so bad that you need a 4th liner or not-so-good defenseman to play with koivu.

Dandenault wasn'T good enough to play defense but and he was lucky to be be put on the 3rd line. so far it works. BUT HE'S STILL A FREAKING DEFENSEMAN.

aren't you guys sick of seeing the GM and coaches improvise. that team needs a sense of directrion.

fowards are so bad that you need a 4th liner or not-so-good defenseman to play with koivu.

Dandenault wasn'T good enough to play defense but and he was lucky to be be put on the 3rd line. so far it works. BUT HE'S STILL A FREAKING DEFENSEMAN.

I agree with you that there is a problem with a team that has to play not just one, but two d-men at a forward position. it is somewhat sad, but what else can they do? They don't have any depth on the first 2 lines!

At the beginning of the season Bob Gainey said that this team had lots of depth, and that might be true at the Goalie position, on the D and on the 3rd and 4th lines. But that depth is NON-EXISTANT on the first 2 lines! I would have tried bringing up S. Kostitsyn to play with Koivu and Higgins, but looks like Bob doesn't want to do that. With the exception of S. Kostitsyn, the Habs have nobody else who could play on the first 2 lines. Smolinski should not be on the first line...neither should streit or Kostopoulos.

O'Byrne let's see how he does hopefully he is a pleasant surprise have heard good things about him want to see him crush some Bruins tonight!

Dandenault at $1.75m has been better value than Smolinski for sure ($2m), and I'd argue Begin ($1.1m) up front.

Doesn't Madden make nearly $4m a year, BTW? I don't see the relevance of the "3rd liners not named Pahlsson or Madden shouldn't make more than $1.5m" quip in that light. Obviously, some are way more valuable than a good 2nd liner, or even a 1st liner to some teams.

Since $1.75m is less than the league average salary, in that respect I don't think Dandy is overpaid for his role.

Montreal needs an upgrade for the top four that is for sure.

Begin- makes to much in a cap world-- would clear waivers

Bouillon- makes to much for a #6/7 dee man---- would clear waivers

Smoke - WAYYY TO MUCH MONEY --- might even clear on the way back up

Dandenault -- makes to much -- would clear waivers

Streit -- paid fair value looks bad when paired with Bouillon - would not clear waivers

Gorges -- young sticks up for team mates cheap -- would not clear

Brisebois-- cheap yes but he still might clear waivers