Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

JLP

Add her name to the long list of "good people" who have been killed or assassinated.

1-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

2-Robert Francis Kennedy / John Fitzgerald Kennedy

3-John Winston Lennon

....and many more :(

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Sad, but totally expected, crazy people.

Here is the one place I'll agree with you Alex. People can be so freaking disgusting.

funny how india thrives and pakistan dives.

Wikipedia says :

Religion in India : Hinduism 79,8% and Islam 13,7%.

Religion in Pakistan : Islam 97%.

You can deny the religious alienation as you want but... there are societies where people car bomb themselves everyday, and some others where they don't...

That's what we call living in peace, growing in peace.

I don't even need to edit my text later cuz i know i'll be bashed by some of you, but open your eyes and see, countries who live in peace (well maybe not USA) are the ones who thrive the most... and unfortunately, religion brings too often war.

sad but true.

There could be a lot of political fall-out from something like this...

Pakistan has a large population, a lot of Taliban friendlies, a number of Nukes, etc...they need to get their crappola together.

I 100% believe that it is only a matter of time before someone detonates a nuclear weapon in a terrorist act. Obviously the prime target for most terrorist groups is the USA but there are other targets that are easier to get to.

There are a couple of "suspected" nuclear powers(or close to being nuclear powers) that would be a threat to allowing terrorist groups access to the technology...or at least being less then stellar at protecting the technology.

However, Pakistan is not simply "suspected" of being a nuclear power...they ARE one...and while their current government may not have any great issue with the West they certainly have enough crazy mofo's who hate the West enough to "acquire" one from a "secure" Pakistani facility.

I know a lot of really nice Pakistani people. But what I see in Pakistan, and many other Mid-east countries, really scares me. I have friends who have lived and worked in Pakistan(white Canadians not Pakistani), I know people from there, and I have friends who've gone to Afgahnistan with the Canadian military. Every one of them describe nations of people with incredibly poor education who blame the West for their problems without really knowing why...one of them loves telling the story about how most of the people he talked to don't even understand seasonal weather changes because the weather changes only when Allah wills it to change...most of the mullah's of the middle east are keeping people uneducated because it keeps them in control. The problem isn't the actual religion of Islam it's the religious heirarchies who are in political control. If you can separate religion from domestic politics in the middle east(something that would take centuries) you'd have far fewer issues. It currently can't happen because the religious Mullah's and Imam's in the middle east hold the power and control...they will not easily give it up. I can almost guarantee you that Bhutto was assasinated by the decree of some sort of Imam or mullah who assured some poor idiot that this act would ensure his after life would be perfect.

Edited by Zowpeb

okay now i'm confused.

At first she was shot in the head and neck and then had some bomb shrapnel

then they said she died from bomb wounds

now

they say she died not from gunshot wound, or bomb frags but when ducking under the moon roof she hit her head on a lever. Apparently this is the official cause of death, thereby is this considered an "assassination"?

very true, but like i'm watching msnbc right now and they're saying "moments before assassination" she wasn't assassinated, she died in an unfortunate accident. She died in the chaos.

oh what a funny coincidence...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/pakistan_bhutto

i don't know what the ap is trying to do here, but from the article it looks like we're headed for a civil war.

Some cried out "Benazir is alive" as her body was laid to rest. One man fainted and another sobbed uncontrollably, crying "My sister has gone."

Some in the crowd shouted "general, killer!" and "army, killer" in reference to President Pervez Musharraf, who recently retired as army chief and was accused by Bhutto supporters of being complicit in the slaying or - at the least - not providing her enough security. The government has denied that charge, and leaders of Bhutto's Pakistan People's party tried to quiet the screamers.

"As long as the moon and sun are alive, so is the name of Bhutto."

"Now we will bring revolution," (says a supporter)

(a supporter in response)

"No we need Pakistan. It was BB's mission to protect Pakistan and we will complete her mission,"

----

Now if that's the true prevailing opinion in the PPP party one side saying revolution and the other no revolution but to protect pakistan (through the ballot box). Well once we have the election and its rigged, guarantee you these two motives will merge and it will become "We need a revolution to complete BB's missions to protect Pakistan."

I've seen this play before.

Edited by Pierre the Great

okay now i'm confused.

At first she was shot in the head and neck and then had some bomb shrapnel

then they said she died from bomb wounds

now

they say she died not from gunshot wound, or bomb frags but when ducking under the moon roof she hit her head on a lever. Apparently this is the official cause of death, thereby is this considered an "assassination"?

I think it's a case of the opposition (Bhutto's party) claiming she was murdered, and the regime (musharraf & co.) claiming she died accidentally (the sun roof thing).

I think it's a case of the opposition (Bhutto's party) claiming she was murdered, and the regime (musharraf & co.) claiming she died accidentally (the sun roof thing).

Yeah that's what I'm believing too. First the doctor said gunshot wounds and bomb frags then the gov. said sunroof from the force of the bomb.

we'll see where Qaim Ali Shah takes the party when he's announced leader.

Edited by Pierre the Great