Ferguson to be fired soon?

Pierre the Great

They stink, and have very little in the player development pipeline. I don't see how they can avoid gutting the organization and rebuilding it. Maybe this time they'll hire people with a proven track record in hockey (but I hope not, as their misery gives me great joy).

i don't like it that they're not going good. Put you're hatred for the leafs a side habs fans, the nhl needs a strong leafs team just like they need a strong canadiens team. Hockey can't afford them being this bad. its not good for the overall brand.

true. but what goes up must come down so i laugh at the leafs while i can

i don't like it that they're not going good. Put you're hatred for the leafs a side habs fans, the nhl needs a strong leafs team just like they need a strong canadiens team. Hockey can't afford them being this bad. its not good for the overall brand.

On the contrary, if there is a market in the NHL that can 'afford' a bad team (financially, they still rake in millions of profits regardless of the on-ice product), it's Toronto. Sure, with a good team, the market would be even stronger, but the NHL as a whole has managed okay despite the Leafs' incompetence, both in the Ballard era and today.

Leafs have sucked for 40 years and the league is going just as well. Weather the Leafs ice an NHL or ECHL team is of no significance. Their loyal fans will pay way too much to watch and fill the stands.

Personnally I love that they suck, and nobody can tell me to think otherwise.

He'll be gone soon but it will never make any difference. I think they should hire Neil Smith. He was a candidate along with Ferguson before the hiring. But, with ownership being so dysfunctionally disconnected from their fan base and the hockey operations office, should we expect that the new GM will do any better? Neil Smith like Ferguson will have to answer to Peddie and Tanenbaum and the Teachers Union and how may others? :blink: The multiple MLSE departments have different philosophical hockey strategies and the GM ends up being handcuffed. A lame duck.

There's too many cooks in the kitchen.

They'd better do something or do nothing at all. There's a rumour they might move Steen. That's truly a stupid move. I can't believe they are this :wacko:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Hopefully the Leafs win a few games. Being around 11th-14th overall each season will screw them forever! ^_^

If I were JFJ, I'd just quit now. It would send a real message to MLSE. There's no chance in hell he's getting re-signed to a new deal and I think MLSE made it clear they won't be re-newing his deal anyway.

If I were JFJ, I'd just quit now. It would send a real message to MLSE. There's no chance in hell he's getting re-signed to a new deal and I think MLSE made it clear they won't be re-newing his deal anyway.

Be even funnier if the whole team turn in their resignations.

Honestly though, that would probably be a good move for him. Save face a bit, come out to the press saying his hands were tied the whole time and he wasn't going to wait to be the scape goat for an ownership that has too many minds and no clues between them. Let the press know that he had some key trades in place that ownership squashed. Of course he couldn't divulge the details, but they would have changed the face of the team in November before the bottom fell out..........Man the Toronto media would love it.

I love just how much of a joke they have become, i don't even bother visiting their site anymore as the poor sots are miserable enough without my jabs.

The ownership, and fan base for that matter, will never allow a 5 year complete rebuild and that is what they need. I would be dumping Sundin and any other player of age that brings trade value asap and be shooting for bottom 3 next few years. Only thing there is, do they even have 1st left for the next couple seasons. I have a hunch they don't. Oh well, I have better ways to spend my retirement then fixing the Buds problems. They suck and that is just the way it should be and has been for a damn long time.