All-Star Game Jokes/Snubs

Fanpuck33

Eastern Conference:

Defense

Joke: Kimmo Timmonen: Tied for 12th in points among Eastern d-men, along with a -2.

Snub: Michal Rozsival: Seven more points and that same -2, on a team that has struggled to score goals.

Forwards

Jokes: Scott Gomez: Only on the team because they needed a Ranger, but Rozsival should have been that Ranger. Gomez has no business in the All-Star game.

- Marian Hossa: His selection is even more confusing than Gomez's. Given that the Thrashers are already represented by Kovalchuk, Hossa's 38 points and -9

- Eric Staal: Again, only got in because he's the only Hurricane, but teammate Ray Whitney deserved a nod before Staal.

Snubs: Evgeni Malkin: No second year slump for this guy. Moving to the wing hasn't slowed him down. Fans deserve to see one of the league's top youngsters.

- Mats Sundin: When a guy has been around for this long and is still putting up numbers, he deserves to be an All-Star, Maple Leaf or not.

Just Not Enough Room: Alexei Kovalev: Ok, I can see an argument being made for him. But taking into the two snubs I listed and Whitney deserving it over teammate Eric Staal, there's just no way I can see an argument where Kovalev would deserve it before the 12 guys whom I think should be there.

Goalies:

Snub

- Martin Gerber: He deserved to be there, but it's easy to see why he wasn't. DiPietro was obviously the Islanders' only deserving All-Star. Jokinen deserved a spot before guys like Gomez and Hossa, but Vokoun clearly deserved the nod in net.

Western Conference

Defense

Joke: Duncan Keith: A few guys deserved it before him, and let's face it, Kane should be the Hawk's All-Star representative.

Snub: Brian Rafalski[/b]: I really have no idea how this guy isn't on the team. I guess they decided the Wings had too many guys already. Very deserving a a spot.

Forwards: Joke: Horcoff, Nash, and Arnot aren't quite up to snuff, but are their team's best player. Can't really argue with them for that reason.

Snubs: Well, when you can't find guys who shouldn't be there, it's tough to say their are snubs. Mike Ribeiro and Kristian Huselius are both putting up undeniably All-Star seasons, but there just wasn't room, since neither is the best player on their team.

Goalies

Snub: Pascal LeClaire: 2nd in GAA, 3rd in SV%, and 1st in shutouts. There's no way this guy shouldn't be an All-Star. The West does have some great goaltending. Given that Legace was St. Louis' sole All-Star, the choice was between LeClaire and Nabokov, in which case LeClaire should have gotten the nod. I mean, come on, LeClaire has guys like Tollefsen, Westcott, Russell, and Hejda in front of him.

The game is in Atlanta. Hence why Hossa is on the team.

There are already four Wings going so Rafalski was left off.

Kane will most likely play in the young stars game.......

Sundin being left off is a joke. Same goes with Leclaire.

The whole system where each team gets a player is silly, but I guess they need it for a TV ratings boost. Actually, scratch that, the whole all star game is silly, and nobody would watch it at all if a real hockey game were on instead. Meaningless game of half hockey, Id rather watch a recording of one of my beer league games.

Here's one: Marc Savard to replace Heatly? Yeah, he's been good, but has he been Alex Kovalev good? In any case, I think we all know he hasn't been as good as Sundin.

Or Malkin, for that matter.

I think Savard got the spot because he was snubbed last year, and kicked up a fuss. This year, he didn't... and was rewarded for his good-boy behaviour. He also received a pat on the head.

Apparently Sundin actually declined an invitation (or something along those lines) to the all-star game. So that would explain why he wasn't named to the team initially, or at least as an injury replacement.

I'm not much of a Savard fan though... there are certainly a lot more guys I'd rather see there (and I'm not talking only Kovy).

All-Star jokes?

Well Hossa, Gomez and Staal walk into a bar...

Gomez reaches into a bag and pulls out a little guy, about a foot tall, dressed in a tuxedo, and stands him up on the bar.

possibly, but in this joke the tiny guy in the tuxedo also has a tiny piano, on which he beautifully plays Chopin.

JLP, you can make up any joke and you choose one about a 12 inch pianist? I don't know about your priorities, man.

JLP, you can make up any joke and you choose one about a 12 inch pianist? I don't know about your priorities, man.

^_^ I guessed that would be a joke Scott Gomez would tell . . . ?

New jokes: Scott Niedermeyer and Corey Perry. Nieds has only played 17 games and left his team hanging about his non-retirement. Perry isn't a terrible choice, but there are more deserving players.

Snubs: Huselius, Daniel Sedin, and Patrick Kane all are more deserving than Perry. And how is Brian Rafalski still not on this team?