Canadiens acquire Olivier Latendresse

dlbalr

He seems like a career farmer, if that. But who knows, maybe he'll miraculously improve out of his desire to join his brother on the big team.

My guess is that's exactly what the organization is counting on!

I saw him play many times, he has a lot more dedication in his play than his

brother. He has a really good vision of the ice and is a good acquisition in term of depth for Hamilton, Locke and Grabovski are gonna play elsewhere next year, so there is no

trouble there having a second-third centermen there behind Trooter and Maxwell.

btw speaking ofbrotherly love ... was Hossa jr. playing with the Rags last night? I wonder if we still had Hossa in Hamilton would Marian think differently about who he'd preffer to be with... precisely could The Rags pick up Marian then?

I've been able to come up with a scenario that to me makes a little bit of sense...so I'll post it.

I think Latendresse's contract is property of the Central League (Arizona) team and not Phoenix (rights were loaned by the parent franchise.) You sometimes see this when a player is loaned to an overseas team (ie: Simon Gamache from Toronto to Switzerland.) Thus, he cannot be traded by Phoenix currently, but he can still be loaned, provided the Central League team obliges. This would also explain why Urquhart has to report to that team and not either Phoenix's AHL or ECHL affiliate.

Think of it along the lines that the Habs made a deal with the Arizona Sundogs and not the Phoenix Coyotes (for now.) Thus, technically, Urquhart is still Montreal property until season's end, likewise for Latendresse and Phoenix.

When the "loan" to Arizona expires, Latendresse will be able to be moved again by Phoenix, and at that time, this deal will be made official.

Hopefully this makes a bit of sense to everyone...this is the best I was able to make of the situation.

My guess is we're not counting on older Latendresse at all.

Maybe they did it to please Guillaume, hoping that it'll get him to play even harder!?!?!