Game Thread | Habs vs. Thrashers | 26/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And somebody complaining about our goaltending, that should complete the night.

Well Price really stunk on that screenshot goal by the second highest goal scorer in the league. Carbo should have pulled him after that one...it would have been a different game ^_^

HABS WIN 5-1!

Scoring Summary

1st Period

Montreal12:47, Maxim Lapierre 5 (Josh Gorges, Francis Bouillon)

2nd Period

Atlanta2:04, Ilya Kovalchuk 41 (Todd White, Mark Recchi)

3rd Period

Montreal2:10, Christopher Higgins 20 (power play) (Michael Ryder, Saku Koivu)

Montreal4:56, Christopher Higgins 21 (Andrei Markov, Saku Koivu)

Montreal8:17, Andrei Markov 13 (Christopher Higgins, Mark Streit)

Montreal9:04, Sergei Kostitsyn 7 (Guillaume Latendresse, Francis Bouillon)

Edited by KoZed

As if Pierre & Yvon are a reference!

Here's an advice. Put RDS on, but mute it. Then open your radio to CKAC.

I'm not talking about pierre et Yvon. i'm talking about alain Crête, Jaques Demers and Benny brunet.

They can'T all be wrong. Why can'T you just admit that the habs were playing like shit in the first 2 periods. It was obvious. they came out in the third with a bang. Good for us, but it doesn'T change the fact that it took them 40 minutes to get started!

Hmmmmmmm, Habs win and Capt. Hook doesn't take a penalty............... :rolleyes:

I think Koivu had a great game -- good jump, finding open ice, creative playmaking.

:hlogo: :clap:

I'm not talking about pierre et Yvon. i'm talking about alain Crête, Jaques Demers and Benny brunet.

They can'T all be wrong. Why can'T you just admit that the habs were playing like shit in the first 2 periods. It was obvious. they came out in the third with a bang. Good for us, but it doesn'T change the fact that it took them 40 minutes to get started!

"Played like shit" is to be down 5-0, be outshot, outscored and outmuscled along the boards.

A satisfying win.

The post-deadline stretch begins well. No more stress or trade worries for this team. They guys have chemistry, they play well, they're having a great season, and the focus can now return to securing some home-ice advantage!

GO HABS GO

:hlogo:

That was an excellent response by the Habs in the third period.

Higgins and Koivu steped up big time.

Lil #### was awesome I loved his no look goal and the hit he layed after passing the puck out of the zone for Higgins second goal. (which made the play a 5 on 4)

Price was awesome the 1st two periods holding the team in the game as he matched Kari at the other end.

Aye.

I said it after The Miracle that maybe, just maybe, no trading was the best outcome. I stand by that evaluation.

I'm glad the boys weren't broken up for some rent-a-Hossa.

If The Miracle shows what this team can accomplish at its best, then along with this 3rd period performance tonight (albeit against a lowsy Atlanta team) it's safe to say the Habs can be big players come post season.

Great 3rd period to win the game. Higgins must be relieved to have the deadline pass. Love the skill and grit that S.Kosty brings to the club. Sticks his nose in there, and not afraid to give it back. Rewarded with a goal as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he was one the players coveted by Waddell. Bouillon and Gorges great on the backend, with Hammy solid again. Grabs showed some nice speed, and the way Smokes has played this year, i don't care about his experience, go with the youth. With Smokes, Dandy and Kostopolo, and Breezer scratched looks like the full youth movement is in place.

Interesting to see if Grabs get some games to see more of what he can do. Only Begin's spot may be somewhere to plug in one of the scratches. Guess we'll see.

Great 3rd period to win the game. Higgins must be relieved to have the deadline pass. Love the skill and grit that S.Kosty brings to the club. Sticks his nose in there, and not afraid to give it back. Rewarded with a goal as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he was one the players coveted by Waddell. Bouillon and Gorges great on the backend, with Hammy solid again. Grabs showed some nice speed, and the way Smokes has played this year, i don't care about his experience, go with the youth. With Smokes, Dandy and Kostopolo, and Breezer scratched looks like the full youth movement is in place.

Interesting to see if Grabs get some games to see more of what he can do. Only Begin's spot may be somewhere to plug in one of the scratches. Guess we'll see.

Yeah I love the young kids

Average age of the line up tonight was 25.

"Played like shit" is to be down 5-0, be outshot, outscored and outmuscled along the boards.

Well, our definitions of playing like shit are different. you donT' agree, fine.