Arguments about Vancouver not being a hockey city

Pierre the Great

Well we're not arguing what Canadian city is better here Joe, it's how good one is at all. I think all 6 can be considered crazy hockey cities. Or really at this point, it's about the many flaws Pierre has and really just how he dilutes the HW Community.

Your list is pretty close though, I'd say. Post 2004, I may interchange Edmonton and Calgary every now and then. The Sens problem is they just play in a small town and not actually Ottawa. It's like if the Flames held their games in Airdrie.

Meh. Now I'm definitely trading Chara to Maca.

Hahaha, snap.

lol the why are you on a hockey board.

A: I like watching hockey and ice related sports

B: I like to skate

C: I'm a fan of local junior teams and listen to the games on the radio

Problems with this love of ice sports

A: Nobody really wants to watch hockey with me (i've gone to a local place alone to see a game)

B: Nobody goes skating

C: Nobody would even think about wanting to listen to a hockey game on the radio while I'm driving around

D: I'm always busy

A: Good for you, everybody has different tastes. (Glad to see you can be serious)

B: Good for you, exercise is good for clarity and health.

C: Me too, so there you go you are not alone.

Problems:

A: Go to a pub and you will find card carry members of the "Nucks! (Guys wearing the jerseys)

B: Same problem here even with outdoor rinks.

C: TV is better, but keep your eyes on the road!!!!!!!

D: Only you can coordinate your time management skills, no excuses.

There are hockey fans everywhere. Just because you do not wish to concede you have not provided substatial proof to your observations, does not mean they do not exist. I still do not believe the world is round as every picture I have seen is 2D. :rolleyes:

Glad to see you have time to respond here.....

fine whatever

if faerie was around still he/she would back me up about canucks fans or van/van isle hockey fans in general.

Faerie was a hockey fan himself though, and Vinny is another one. That's already two hockey fans in BC (2 and a half counting you) on a HABS message board. I doubt you'd find even one Habs fan posting so regularly on any Canucks messageboards.

doesn't faerie not being around prove your point? If faerie really cared about hockey, he'd still be posting, ergo everyone in Vancouver is uninterested in hockey.

Technically, I guess, but he didn't leave because he lost his love for hockey.

I kinda think it's because he lost his love for life.

I was being sarcastic, poking fun at PTG's train of thought. Faerie's story sounds like a sad one, though.

Faerie was a hockey fan himself though, and Vinny is another one. That's already two hockey fans in BC (2 and a half counting you) on a HABS message board. I doubt you'd find even one Habs fan posting so regularly on any Canucks messageboards.

What did happen to Fairy anyway?

I have been curious for months?

What did happen to Fairy anyway?

I have been curious for months?

I don't think anyone is really sure but we think he got all depressed and just decided to leave this site. He also deleted everyone from this site off his MSN and YIM lists, so we know he's okay and that he chose to do this, it wasn't just something that came up. He always different, obviously; he probably just cracked one day.

I don't think anyone is really sure but we think he got all depressed and just decided to leave this site. He also deleted everyone from this site off his MSN and YIM lists, so we know he's okay and that he chose to do this, it wasn't just something that came up. He always different, obviously; he probably just cracked one day.

i sort of know where he lives but i'm not going to snoop around, plus he probably moved. My roommate though went to school with him, said he was a weird guy, never talked to anyone, (and my roommate is friendly to everyone), recluse. He was shocked i knew him. lol

Edited by Pierre the Great

Sex transplant.

Hey Captain Stealth, was that not an exciting game between the 'Nucks and Avs last night...

When Vancouver scored with 1.4 minutes left, I just relaxed and thought the AVS will get them on tuesday. That ending is what hockey in the west is all about, its never over. Good hits, good goaltending and excellent skill.

What a comeback and finish. Between these two teams with Dallas and San Jose you can never say it is over. And Luongo is one of the best positional goalies I have ever seen.

Hey Captain Stealth, was that not an exciting game between the 'Nucks and Avs last night...

When Vancouver scored with 1.4 minutes left, I just relaxed and thought the AVS will get them on tuesday. That ending is what hockey in the west is all about, its never over. Good hits, good goaltending and excellent skill.

What a comeback and finish. Between these two teams with Dallas and San Jose you can never say it is over. And Luongo is one of the best positional goalies I have ever seen.

Yep it was and I saw the tying goal coming. I wanted to smash something so badly.......... I couldn't sleep last night. :(

I want us to get them Tuesday. Regulation. Even with Foppa they're going down. DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :king:

I'm sure the Avs didn't play their absolute best last night obviously, but I was disappointed with the Sedins. Lately they've become clutch and grab players and we've been on a roll without them. They need to stop with the ######ed penalties. They're worse than Jan Bulis before his major turn around. The defense.... Mitchell was shooting the puck more. No quick shots from Ohlie nor Salo. Speaking of Salo.... bad coverage on Sakic late. He should not have been left sitting there.

Overall yes though. Exciting game and I look forward to what Pettinger brings this team. ;)

Still so much awesome hockey left but I'm going to be pissed if I ever have to witness more of these late tying goals against. I can be sure that the playoffs this year are going to be insane.:D

Still so much awesome hockey left but I'm going to be pissed if I ever have to witness more of these late tying goals against. I can be sure that the playoffs this year are going to be insane.:D

Ohoh, you better not watch the playoffs then as Vancouver is not known as a team that will score lots of goals in the playoffs. Then again every team tightens up so most games are going to be close and many overtime games. You will get arrested for television assault and battery if not careful... :hockey:

I thought Vancouver defence was excellent last night. :clap: Funny how two people see things differently. You are right about the Sedins. What is with the holding and tackling? Almost like watching a CFL game!

Well with Foote back he has blocked 1 GazBillion shots in two games. Plus Colorado's defence bent but did not break. Thing the AVS have going for them is theodore looking for a new contract....

Ohoh, you better not watch the playoffs then as Vancouver is not known as a team that will score lots of goals in the playoffs. Then again every team tightens up so most games are going to be close and many overtime games. You will get arrested for television assault and battery if not careful... :hockey:

I thought Vancouver defence was excellent last night. :clap: Funny how two people see things differently. You are right about the Sedins. What is with the holding and tackling? Almost like watching a CFL game!

Well with Foote back he has blocked 1 GazBillion shots in two games. Plus Colorado's defence bent but did not break. Thing the AVS have going for them is theodore looking for a new contract....

I wish the Avs luck with Theo's new contract...... ;) lol

I know people think we're not that great and it's understandable. However, we have the exact same team as last year and it's a bigger, better team than last year IMO. They just haven't meshed yet and that's due to all these damned injuries. Once Miller steps back in and Morrison up front,I think we have a chance. You got to remember we lost the last 3 games to Anaheim by a goal only and were missing Kesler and Cooke as well as Bieksa really. If we can stay healthy ands thats the iffy part here, we will be annoying pests to the Avs Sharks Stars and co. I love being the underdogs.:D

I agree with you though our D was solid. Offensively though is where they need to step up. Outside of Mitchell/Edler anyways.

NO ONE READ MY ABOVE POST.........

After watching these past 2 games, this team sucks big time. No ######ing way they make the playoffs constantly pissing games away like this. Absolutely disgusting. Canucks = ######ing pansy losers!!!!!!

:angry:

After watching these past 2 games, this team sucks big time. No ######ing way they make the playoffs constantly pissing games away like this. Absolutely disgusting. Canucks = ######ing pansy losers!!!!!!

Want to bet?

LUONGO

061407luongo.jpg

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Want to bet?

LUONGO

061407luongo.jpg

:lol:

When Mitchell suddenly thinks he's Zubov...... Bieksa playing like shit..... the Sedins playing a whirlpool of death (reffing sucked last night, two goals waved off but the first one was obviously a goal for Daniel). Nonetheless though that was terrible. Overall, not pleasing.

I'm expecting a blowout. That's the only thing that ever gets this team going. They never learn their lesson I swear. However thanks for trying to cheer me up. ;) I'm just sick of this team this season.

:lol:

When Mitchell suddenly thinks he's Zubov...... Bieksa playing like shit..... the Sedins playing a whirlpool of death (reffing sucked last night, two goals waved off but the first one was obviously a goal for Daniel). Nonetheless though that was terrible. Overall, not pleasing.

I'm expecting a blowout. That's the only thing that ever gets this team going. They never learn their lesson I swear. However thanks for trying to cheer me up. ;) I'm just sick of this team this season.

lol never learn their lesson.

As a hockey cynic in Nanaimo I know (and this isn't me jut to clarify)

"they still get paid on time"

lol

Edited by Pierre the Great

I'm glad we can agree about something. :lol: