Leafs Have Found Their New Coach

jetsniper

The same Ron Wilson who was rumoured to create the dissent against Marleau? Say all you want about Marleau's downside but for a coach to behave this way with any player is questionable IMO.

The same Ron Wilson who could do nothing correct against Dallas? Where was the motivation?

Wilson and T.O. - a match made in heaven :lol:

I have never had faith in Ron Wilson even going back to the Anaheim days or even for Team USA. He may have posted W's but in the long run he doesn't get the most from his teams and has underachieved.

Fletcher, why not Quenneville? Or did he get hired and I missed it. :P

It's starting to look like Fletcher is taking over for next season.

Apparently, even if they find a GM, Cliff still has a contract that serves him as an adviser to the GM

The same Ron Wilson who was rumoured to create the dissent against Marleau? Say all you want about Marleau's downside but for a coach to behave this way with any player is questionable IMO.

The same Ron Wilson who could do nothing correct against Dallas? Where was the motivation?

Wilson and T.O. - a match made in heaven :lol:

I have never had faith in Ron Wilson even going back to the Anaheim days or even for Team USA. He may have posted W's but in the long run he doesn't get the most from his teams and has underachieved.

Fletcher, why not Quenneville? Or did he get hired and I missed it. :P

Coach Q would've been a worse choice then Wilson. They're essentially the same guy.

I get the feeling Fletcher is going to have that interim tag until Burke is ready to go to Toronto. I mean, they have a whole committee working on it and they haven't even managed to offer someone the job yet? If they were smart, they would've just gone with Nonis.

I thought hiring Paul Maurice was a step forward compared to ol' Pat Quinn. Of course there are things he could have done better during his tenure, but I won't pin the leafs' failure on Maurice.

I have my doubts about Wilson. Is he really the guy who's going to turn the ship around? I don't know.

New Coach, well known in north america and fits Leaf Loser mentality:

1.jpg

Edited by marky_and_komi

So get this: apparently it's not a done deal yet because the Leafs' initial offer was somewhere in the area of 600000 bucks a season! What are they thinking?? If the Leafs would have given him a fair offer, it's said that the deal would have been done already. On top of that, I heard they gave him a deadline to respond (I think Monday?).

This organization descends deeper into stupidity...

So get this: apparently it's not a done deal yet because the Leafs' initial offer was somewhere in the area of 600000 bucks a season! What are they thinking?? If the Leafs would have given him a fair offer, it's said that the deal would have been done already. On top of that, I heard they gave him a deadline to respond (I think Monday?).

This organization descends deeper into stupidity...

Wow thats low... They offered Elmer Fudd $600,000 and a spanking new shotgun. Oh well, Leafs are well Leafs... :lol:

Yeah, Wilson had to go home to "think about it".

I think the proper term is to go home and laugh hilariously at the thought of being part of that organization.

I hope he left a stinky on the ACC mens room floor before leaving. That would sum up the values of anything Leaf.

I hope he left a stinky on the ACC mens room floor before leaving. That would sum up the values of anything Leaf.

Screw that, he should've left one in the middle of the Leafs dressing room.

He'll be fired by year 3 if the Leafs don't manage to make the playoffs under his tenure.

don't blame the coach. Even the best of chefs cant make chicken salad with chicken poo.

Big surprise, confirmed at 1 o clock, today.

Wilson biggest problem now is that he prooved he is dumb because he thought about it

before saying yes.

Without a GM, without a franchise player, with all the Toronto media ready to bash a usa coach, with

no prospects, with overpaid players in a team.

He is going in there for the money and will be gone in two years leaving them 2 others years to pay.

wow... the leafs really are THAT stupid from bottom to top...

You don't chose a coach before a GM...

Wilson is surely a good coach, but the GM will fire him asap saying that he didn't choose him.

I don't get it as well. You don't hire the coach before the GM.