Corey Locke gets an offer from Swiss team

Habitforming

there is no way he'd have a full nhl job. by the way. swiss league offers good caliber and players make good money there as well.

this will make room of white, trotter and Maxwell

I'd take the offer if I were him. Mind you, first and foremost I'd take my chances in the UFA market to see if the NHL is still an option.

He is facing another year in Hamilton before he hits UFA age. He's a RFA this offseason.

He is facing another year in Hamilton before he hits UFA age. He's a RFA this offseason.

I think he should really go. it'd best for his career.

I think he should really go. it'd best for his career.

Last summer the Habs advised Andre Benoit to take an offer in Finland. They could do something similar here with Locke. Maybe if a Swedish team or something came knocking they'd tell him to do it.

But then again, Locke is someone they're willing to call up for NHL games. Benoit wasn't going to get that chance. So probably not from the Habs perspective. This would be Locke giving up on the Habs and the NHL for a year if he were to accept the Swiss offer.

But then again, Locke is someone they're willing to call up for NHL games. Benoit wasn't going to get that chance. So probably not from the Habs perspective. This would be Locke giving up on the Habs and the NHL for a year if he were to accept the Swiss offer.

if they keep grabovski then Locke becomes obsolete.

on the same token, archer, coté, milroy and danis are all UFAs. should the club sign them for next year ??

Edited by marky_and_komi

Locke is sadly lost in the shuffle between NHLers who's job he has to take and talented prospects whom the team probably has higher hopes than Locke.

Benoit was a bit of a special scenario when he went to Finland. The Habs advised him to go because it wasn't a step back from the AHL. It was almost a side step and then some since the bigger ice surface would help him refine his defensive game..

Locke is sadly lost in the shuffle between NHLers who's job he has to take and talented prospects whom the team probably has higher hopes than Locke.

Locke had a reputation of not working hard at all. maybe if he'd took it more seriously, he might have had better chance. now younger guys are there to take his spot.

if they keep grabovski then Locke becomes obsolete.

on the same token, archer, coté, milroy and danis are all UFAs. should the club sign them for next year ??

With us talking about Benoit, I'd see if he's interested in coming back now that we've seen several years of guys like Archer and Cote. Who's left on Hamilton's D? Valentenko, Carle, Weber, Degon's a RFA, Gleed I don't know if he'll still be brought back by Hamilton... who else is there?

Of that list, from a NHL perspective, I'd want to keep Danis around, but he deserves a fresh start as well. From a NHL perspective, the other guys are irrelevant because they'd only be called up if the big team was in real dire straits in terms of injury.

With us talking about Benoit, I'd see if he's interested in coming back now that we've seen several years of guys like Archer and Cote. Who's left on Hamilton's D? Valentenko, Carle, Weber, Degon's a RFA, Gleed I don't know if he'll still be brought back by Hamilton... who else is there?

I signed for another year in finland. what montreal meant when they told Benoit to go play in finland is that he wouldn't have a chance cracking up the roster.

You signed for another year in Finland? Andre is that you? :o

In all seriousness though, the only AHL vet I can see sticking with the Habs is Cote. The rest will be filled up via free agency either through the Habs or through the Bulldogs like when they signed Aitken and that other guy.

I think Archer got points from the organization for that fight he got into in last year's preseason where he ended up with a broken face. Having that kind of guy in the AHL has it's benefits, and no one's going to give him a shot at a NHL job anyways.

I hope he gives it one last shot at the AHL level first, comes out and is the player he was drafted to be or better yet, is a stand out player at the camp and takes a spot , and we are all happy about it on here come all-star break.

On the outside chance of that happening..I said it first! LMOA

No, he should give it a shot for the reason that if he doesn't it will eat at him down the road. He will never get a NHL shot after playing a couple years over there, I wouldn't think. Better chance if he can somehow dig deep and find a new level to his game and be a hockey player, or start to sell Dodges in his home town. He will have more offers overseas next year as a UFA. He has to give it his last shot or live with the realization that he didn't.