NHL buyout thread

MAK

No, its not madness, it actually makes sense. Thats whats scary. :lol:

In order to get truly great, you first must truly suck. :P

If you finish in the worst 5 for 3-5 years in a row you end up with some of the best draft picks over those years. The majority of all top 5 picks generally alway turn out to be really good players. Look at Pitts, and the Sens sucked for a long time and got lots of great players out of it.

The Habs were plagued with the same problem for a long time. When you always finish barely making the playoffs or barely missing the team ends up with middle of the pack prospects. A lot of middle of the pack prospects never pan out and generally dont get as good as the top selected players and take a lot more time to develop into NHLers. Sure there are lots of exceptions, but thats what they are, exceptions.

Sure there are Gems that are found and drafted late in the draft (Zetterberg, Dyatsuk, etc) but that is how a team over comes the mediocrity conundrum by having top scouts and drafting excellently. Thats why the Habs have turned things around is by drafting better with their middle of the pack picks. Picking Price at 5th didnt hurt either.

The Laffs just had a 5th place pick and if they can get a few more they could turn things around and be a perennial contender in 2-3 years. But dont get too excited just yet because they have to draft smart 1st. ^_^

Just so you guys know Wellwood is a fat lazy bum with tons of skill!

If thats the kind of guy you want playing for the Habs it just wont happen not with Gainey as the GM he wont make another Samsonov with Wellwood.

Just so you guys know Wellwood is a fat lazy bum with tons of skill!

If thats the kind of guy you want playing for the Habs it just wont happen not with Gainey as the GM he wont make another Samsonov with Wellwood.

I don't want him either but fat lazy bum ?

I would say he misses speed, he is soft, get's knocked off the puck but he doesn't seem like a bum,

in 2002-2003 he was the sportsmanlike player of the year of CHL. I would see him with the two sedin-softies

in Vancouver.

Talking of bum Tucker is on his way to be bought out report TSN. Tucker would be a good fit in Calgary.

Toronto is in for deep, but they get no return for their players.

any Tucker taker ??

I would take him but he'd have to settle for a 3 rd line spot. Maybe he could give Lapierre a crash course on how to be a Real pain in the arse in the nhl.

About Wellwood...

I don't want him either but fat lazy bum ?

I would say he misses speed, he is soft, get's knocked off the puck but he doesn't seem like a bum,

in 2002-2003 he was the sportsmanlike player of the year of CHL. I would see him with the two sedin-softies

in Vancouver.

Wow :blink: for once i was right.

Wellwood to Vancouver. He will be a good fit in there.

Flames have put Anders Eriksson, Rhett Warrener and Marcus Nilson on waivers.

All deservedly so.

Warrener is the only one who should see a new home. Back to Buffalo i would say.

The two others will go back to sweden.

By the beginning of the season the house will probably be free of outsiders

,euro and outsiders. Red neck paradise. Huselius will take the best offer to play south,

and Backlund should consider staying in Europe one more year, time for Keenan to be thrown out.

Huselius played terrible all season and some dumb GM is going to overpay him. It has nothing to do with being European, it has everything to do with not giving a shit. And from around January to the end of the playoffs, Huselius did absolutely nothing.

Like I said, letting Huse go and getting Tucker to replace him would be a great move for the Flames. Tucker fits the mold of the team perfectly while Huselius doesn't at all.

Oh yeah, and Warrener was one of the worst d-men in the league after the lockout, he'll be lucky to find a job. And if a team gives it to him, they better not expect him to play in their starting 6 because they're in for a major surprise.

Edited by jetsniper

The Wellwood moves makes no sense, at least on the surface. The kid's 25, scored at a PPG pace for a half-season in 06-07 and will come cheap. He's exactly the kind of player the Leafs should be trying to acquire, not lose for nothing. I don't get it, unless there's some serious personality issues (he was accused of not rehabbing hard enough) or else they really are trying to make a run for the first overall pick (which I doubt). This has a bit of the Mike Ribeiro move about it: dumping a talented player set to come into his prime because he has some vague 'issues' and had a disappointing year. NOT what you want to see from an organization that should be shifting into 'develop the young players' mode.

A good pickup by Vancouver.

Tucker has value. Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the :hlogo: , but not for the price he's likely to command, and not in the role he's likely to covet. Can you imagine a 4th line with him and Begin? :lol:

isn't there an upper limit on buyouts during the current CBA period? Maybe buyouts are going up because we are getting closer to the end of the CBA and people are able to more accurately predict how many they'll need for the remainder of the current agreement.

Bertuzzi got the slash too. no surprises here.

It kind of surprises me since I figured he and Burke were friends. I wonder where Bert will resurface now.

(I hope no one says Colorado, the joke is way too easy)

It kind of surprises me since I figured he and Burke were friends. I wonder where Bert will resurface now.

(I hope no one says Colorado, the joke is way too easy)

they do have an history together. however burke needed to free up some cash and the rumour was that Pronger was on the trading block. IMO Bertuzzi is easily replacable( if Ryan can crack the lineup) and burke gets to keep schneider.

I dont know if he'll have enough cash for selanne though.

there's a blue and white jerzey awaiting Bertuzzi.

So Don Waddell, because he's desperate to make the playoffs, gets impatient with former top 10 pick Braydon Coburn and trades him for over the hill Alexei Zhitnik. The following season Zhitnik, along with almost the rest of the team, has an extremely dissapointing season and is one of the worst teams in the league. Finally, Waddell buys out Zhitnik today while Coburn is flourishing in Philadelphia.

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

That's weird indeed.

At the draft, Waddell said he wasn't going to buy out Zhitnik. In fact, he wanted to offer him a contract extension.

Yeah, he just denied they were going to buy him out on Saturday.

With John Ferguson Jr. gone, Don Wadell has swiftly rocketed to the top of the Idiot Active NHL General Managers' list. Only whoever is in charge in Florida, and now maybe Feaster in TB (and apparently he's being dictated to by the owners) give him in any competition. None of these guys are in the league of Houle or Milbury - all time, drooling incompetent morons - but they're still fairly reliably farcical. Gainey must just look at these bozos and shake his head.