-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

This song is sick !!

Saul Williams - List of Demands

featuring in the new Nike Sparq training ad

lol, I've been listening to Saul Williams a lot lately.

Also been listening to a lot of String Quartet tributes. Mainly Senses Fail and Atreyu but the Evanescence, Coheed And Cambria and Led Zeppelin ones are good too.

Oh who am I kidding, they're all good, I just prefer the Senses Fail and Atreyu ones most.

• 3 weeks later...

Oke i saw "Rage Against the Machine" Yesterday at that Music Festival. Well i never saw 60.000 people jump at the same time, it was quite impressive.. I like was hard and rough, liked that. Though it was all political over and over and im a bit allergic to that. So i liked it, but not a fan!

Best concert i saw was from Saybia.

Some other good ones: Flogging Molly/The Hives/Queens of the SToneage/Foo Fighters/Editors(was very close to the stage finally)/Counting Crows/Kaiser Chiefs/The Verve

Well im sure tired now, and work is back tomorrow :D

Oke i saw "Rage Against the Machine" Yesterday at that Music Festival. Well i never saw 60.000 people jump at the same time, it was quite impressive.. I like was hard and rough, liked that. Though it was all political over and over and im a bit allergic to that. So i liked it, but not a fan!

Best concert i saw was from Saybia.

Some other good ones: Flogging Molly/The Hives/Queens of the SToneage/Foo Fighters/Editors(was very close to the stage finally)/Counting Crows/Kaiser Chiefs/The Verve

Well im sure tired now, and work is back tomorrow :D

Oh Oh how was The Verve?

They were just very very very good, and just imagine The Verve playing "Lucky Man" and "The Drugs dont work" back to back. Its a great band, good they are back. The closed the stage with "Bittersweet".

During the concert i ran into Tom Smyth of the Editors, he was curious about the Verve as well. Offcourse we took a picture ;)

Listening to some good ol' hippie flower power 60's music.

Like:

Amen Corner - (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice - possibly my favourite song of the era. :B)

Enjoy man, RATM will be very cool to watch...though im not a fan. Its quite impressive, the loudness, people get into it.

I hope for you Incubus will be better live then the two times i saw them. I love the latest album, and its a good band. But seen them live twice and that was horrible....boring

any other bands that day??Its a festival right (you showed me a while back)

Enjoy man, RATM will be very cool to watch...though im not a fan. Its quite impressive, the loudness, people get into it.

I hope for you Incubus will be better live then the two times i saw them. I love the latest album, and its a good band. But seen them live twice and that was horrible....boring

any other bands that day??Its a festival right (you showed me a while back)

Saw Incubus already last year, was really good in my eyes ... yea, it might be boring regarding a show like rage.

Disturbed, Anti-Flag, Rise Against, Bullet for my Valentine, Kid Rock, etc. will also play that day ... though I suppose I'll drive down a bit later to see Rise Against, then make a break and then watch Incubus and Rage. There will be 2 stages but I won't run around, no stress for me and my gf. :P

oh men, Enter Shikari is there to that day...would love to see them once, and join the mosh pit. Think it will be fun!Madness...

Yeah Ratm and Incubus are the fun things that day!

Have fun!

Yea, know one cool song of those guys, might be from nhl08 I think.

My last purchase was The Essential Alice in Chains. Some great stuff, since I didn't really get into them when they were current. This probably won't be a widely-held opinion, but I think they would be even better if they made less use of harmonies and just let Staley sing.

From the radio, I've really enjoyed some of the Foo's latest singles, especially The Pretender and Let It Die. Has anybody listened to Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace - and can let me know how the rest of it is?

My last purchase was The Essential Alice in Chains. Some great stuff, since I didn't really get into them when they were current. This probably won't be a widely-held opinion, but I think they would be even better if they made less use of harmonies and just let Staley sing.

From the radio, I've really enjoyed some of the Foo's latest singles, especially The Pretender and Let It Die. Has anybody listened to Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace - and can let me know how the rest of it is?

I thought the whole album was fantastic, it was considered one of the best rock albums of 2007. If you liked Pretender and Let It Die then definitely check it out.

I thought the whole album was fantastic, it was considered one of the best rock albums of 2007. If you liked Pretender and Let It Die then definitely check it out.

Has it been out that long already? I guess it has. Anyway, thanks for the opinion - I'll have to get it.

I was into grunge when it was all the rage in the early 90's and although, maybe, at the time I liked Pearl Jam and Nirvana better than Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, AIC (and to a lesser extent Soundgarden) is what I listen to the most these days. Can't say I listen to 'em that much anymore, but IMO they are the ones who have stayed the most fresh (so to speak) of the grunge band I used to listen to.

I have several Pearl Jam CD's that I've listened to one time.

------------

Right now I'm listening to this however:

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang 36 Chambers (CD)

• 3 weeks later...