-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

• 3 weeks later...

Not music exctly, but I'll still post this here.

For a number of years now Sveriges Radio have had a program every day of the summer on one of their stations, simply called Sommar i P1. People talk about just about everything and also play some music. Different people are invited to host the program, which is, I think 90 minutes long, I download them and listen to them on the computer or on the iPod, and they have to edit out the music, so I'm not sure. All sorts of famous and an occasional regular average person host these programs. I've heard everything (and this is not a complete list, just an excerpt):

- actors: latest one was Dolph Lundgren, although I haven't listened to that program yet, most of all it's going to be interesting to see whether he speaks with a Swamerican accent - other actors have been Sweden's answer to Christopher Walken Mikael Persbrandt; as well as Tuva Novotny, Peter Settman, Johan Rheborg, Gustaf Skarsgård (son of Stellan Skarsgård, that was a very interesting program and he didn't talk one bit about his famous dad) and Magnus Härenstam, who also hosted Jeopardy on Swedish television for a world-record-ling time, Alexandra Rapaport

- journalists: Kattis Ahlström, Zenyar Adami, exile-Chilean Carlos Decker Molina

- writers: exile-Cuban René Vazques Diaz

- sports profiles: former boxer Paolo Roberto, female boxer Åsa Sandell, television golf expert Göran Zachrisson (perhaps the best sports commentator of all time), hockey coach and Sweden's answer to Don Cherry Niklas Wikergård

- musicians: Per "Plura" Jonsson, opera singer Erika Sunnegårdh, Lars Winnerbäck

...and so on and so forth...

Today I listened to Lennart Johansson, former UEFA president. It was an interesting program and he talked obviously a lot about soccer (like for example his friendship with Pelé and Kaiser Franz), but also about his growing up during WWII, religion, a bit about music (Johansson turns out to be a big Frank Sinatra fan) and a few other things. As the ol' geezer he is he also complained a bit about modern communication technology, cellphones and computers and such.

Next up is Mattias Klum, world-famous wildlife photographer.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to the Fratellis a lot lately. Chelsea Dagger, Acid Jazz Singer, Whistle For the Choir, Henrietta...

I've been listening to the Fratellis a lot lately. Chelsea Dagger, Acid Jazz Singer, Whistle For the Choir, Henrietta...

Yeah i use to like that band to, but the 1st cd sounds all the same so got pretty much tired of it, to fast i believe..well chelsea Dagger was a huge hit over here as well so all yeah heared was tadada tadada tadaada all the time!Crazy!!

I've seen them live as well, nothing special unfortunately..

Its the Juno Soundtrack for me all over again all the time since i saw the movie for the second time this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
Holy shit, TSO is finally going to have a concert in Calgary on November 5th.

Wish it was a little closer to Christmas though but my dad will be excited.

Nice, they put on a really good show. I'm kinda bummed about the Columbus show this year too, as it's the same night as my friend's wedding. Luckily, they have shows in multiple cities in Ohio, so I'll just have to drive to one of those.

Recently had another Flogging Molly Concert, brilliant again!

Future concerts:

Moody Blues (yeah the 60's band, i go with my parents, it will be fun, i dig the 60's )

Blood Red Shoes (concert im looking most forward to, great music, beautifull girl singing)

CSS(also known as Cansei de Ser Sexy, the Brasilian dance band)

Black Keys (band i hardly know, i just go for my friends sake)

more great bands come but i cant attend them all, busy with work and moving.

Yeah i got it for 2 weeks or so and i like it very much. I really disliked the 2nd cd(except 1 or 2 songs), but his 3rd album sounds a bit more like the first one. And i really love that sound....they also released an single besides the new album. i Already downloaded it, but still have to check it out.

A release i was really looking forward to was the New (and 4th) Kings Of Leon album...my favourite band for years now.Last weekend i finally lay my hands on it, though its not out officially...first 3 albums were superb straight ahead, this one took some more time. Though the single "Sex on fire" that leaked 6 weeks ago or so is brilliant. It leads my LastFM by miles :D

Yeah looking forward to CSS, concerts look big fun. Thought their 2nd album isnt as good as the 1st one..

anyone heard the new metallica ??

I thought it sucked but it's getting mostly good reviews.

All That Remains' latest leaked a couple weeks ago and I dled it, really good listen. Especially like Two Weeks which is also available to download for Rock Band.

I thought it sucked but it's getting mostly good reviews.

All That Remains' latest leaked a couple weeks ago and I dled it, really good listen. Especially like Two Weeks which is also available to download for Rock Band.

I just bought it and so far I think it lacks grit !!

I guess It's hard to sound tough when you take pills for your Daibete, your blood pressure and your oversized prostate :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Miles Davis - All Blues

Max Roach - Lotus Blossom

John Coltarne - My favourite Things

Stan Getz - 'Round Midnight

anyone heard the new metallica ??

Yup, I just bought my first Metallica album in more than a decade. The last one I had purchased was the Black album back in 1991. I stopped listening to them in 93-94...i didn't like the crap they were making in the 90's and 2000's.

BUt I must admit that Death Magnetic is an excellent album. It reminds me of ....And Justice for All. :clap:

Right now, I'm listening to Dig by Incubus.