-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

My dad is going to SXSF (actually he left for Austin on THursday), he's been there a bunch of times now, don't know how many but I think it's at least three times. I'm glad for him, he deserves it. :wub::B)

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

http://blog.inmusic.ca/inmusic/2009/03/tho...-feud.html#more

Radiohead Tells Miley Cyrus to Grow Up

Ahahahaha, the last I heard of this was her saying she was gonna ruin them. I didn't even think Radiohead would bother to respond, like what do they care about some teen pop twit?

Best music feud ever. I <3 Radiohead.

Yup, Radiohead's about as good as modern music gets (probably the best band after U2) and Miley Cyrus is as bad as it gets. I'm actually surprised she's a fan of theirs.

I've been listening to Bloc Party a lot lately and I think at some point in this thread I said I didn't like the new album more then their last one.

Well, I take that back. I've listened to it a lot more now and I like it a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

This song's a drug. I was drunk at a party last night and this was one of the songs that was on the mix CD that was playing and re-playing all night. And now it's haunting me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, ever since Relapse came out, I've been listening to lots of rap/hip hop.

I'm loving Nas (especially his It Was Written album), Ras Kass (listen to Nature of the Threat!!), Rakim, Big L (if you like Eminem's Infinite album, this guy has the exact same style), Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Jay-Z, old Dr Dre, Ice Cube, obviously Tupac and Biggie, old Snoop Dogg... (some cool YouTube rappers are an0maly, Wax and Herbal T).

Speaking of Relapse, We Made You has grown on me. And while I said I liked Beautiful before, I now find it one of the weaker/middle-ish songs on the album.

I've also been listening to lots of Radiohead. OK Computer's gotta be one of the best albums ever (Paranoid Android's my favourite song). I've started going through The Bends now.

Well, ever since Relapse came out, I've been listening to lots of rap/hip hop.

I'm loving Nas (especially his It Was Written album), Ras Kass (listen to Nature of the Threat!!), Rakim, Big L (if you like Eminem's Infinite album, this guy has the exact same style), Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Jay-Z, old Dr Dre, Ice Cube, obviously Tupac and Biggie, old Snoop Dogg... (some cool YouTube rappers are an0maly, Wax and Herbal T).

Speaking of Relapse, We Made You has grown on me. And while I said I liked Beautiful before, I now find it one of the weaker/middle-ish songs on the album.

I've also been listening to lots of Radiohead. OK Computer's gotta be one of the best albums ever (Paranoid Android's my favourite song). I've started going through The Bends now.

Highly suggest you, if it's not already done, to go on with NYC rappers. Talib Kweli (my personnal favourite after Em and Jay-Z), Mos Def, Dead Prez, The Roots. Talib Kweli with Kanye West or Mos Def = AWESOMNESS !!! (can we say that ?) Get 'em High is hell of a track, same for Get By (and you have the remix with Jay-Z and Busta...).

• 2 weeks later...

L.A. Times announced that Micheal Jackson is dead. RIP.

CNN has him in cauma though.

Edited by JoeLassister