Should Bouillon be in the pressbox?

MFT77

I don't really think he deserves to sit unless it's because we think Dandenault, O'Byrne or Brisebois can do a beter job. Bouillon plays well with Gorges and I think he's been doing alright lately. Which of the other depth d-men we have would be better options?

(But it is true that Bouillon could easily be shipped within the next 2 weeks.)

We have two guys who started the season in Hamilton. That's not a lot.

Okay, how about now? My post was actually referring to the time a couple of weeks before my post so as you pointed out, it didn't really work. But now...

I don't really think he deserves to sit unless it's because we think Dandenault, O'Byrne or Brisebois can do a beter job. Bouillon plays well with Gorges and I think he's been doing alright lately. Which of the other depth d-men we have would be better options?

(But it is true that Bouillon could easily be shipped within the next 2 weeks.)

Okay, how about now? My post was actually referring to the time a couple of weeks before my post so as you pointed out, it didn't really work. But now...

I think any of the 3 mentioned would do a better job than Bouillon. Even O'byrne with his growing pains. The Cube brings down Gorges play and the if you watch the games carefully, Bouillon makes bad pinches, can't handle his own men in front of the net, turns the puck over, and makes bad passes to name a few things.

And his +/- is terrible to make matters worse. That's gotta mean something.

I think any of the 3 mentioned would do a better job than Bouillon. Even O'byrne with his growing pains. The Cube brings down Gorges play and the if you watch the games carefully, Bouillon makes bad pinches, can't handle his own men in front of the net, turns the puck over, and makes bad passes to name a few things.

And his +/- is terrible to make matters worse. That's gotta mean something.

Maybe but we hate the other guys just as much as Bouillon. I prefer Dandy at forward to Begin, Laraque and the other depth forwards so I see no reason to play him at D when we have so many other options. I can't believe I'm seeing the day where people are rallying to get O'Byrne and Brisebois into the line up. Both of them have their uses but neither of them are very good at holding down their jobs; they need a rest every once in a while. Besides, I consider Bouillon a sort of mix between the two: he brings as much physical presence as O'Byrne does and is as good offensively as Brisebois can. I know he's not the best but this is our #6 defenseman (behind the best top 5 we've had since when, The Big Three?), he does a decent job in that role. I guess what I'm saying is that now we hate Bouillon but once we see one of the other guys in his place for a couple of games, we'll be yelling to have him back. Unless we pick up Morris which would mean we were in business. :B)

Maybe but we hate the other guys just as much as Bouillon. I prefer Dandy at forward to Begin, Laraque and the other depth forwards so I see no reason to play him at D when we have so many other options. I can't believe I'm seeing the day where people are rallying to get O'Byrne and Brisebois into the line up. Both of them have their uses but neither of them are very good at holding down their jobs; they need a rest every once in a while. Besides, I consider Bouillon a sort of mix between the two: he brings as much physical presence as O'Byrne does and is as good offensively as Brisebois can. I know he's not the best but this is our #6 defenseman (behind the best top 5 we've had since when, The Big Three?), he does a decent job in that role. I guess what I'm saying is that now we hate Bouillon but once we see one of the other guys in his place for a couple of games, we'll be yelling to have him back. Unless we pick up Morris which would mean we were in business. :B)

Bouillon may be as physical as OB, butdoes not have near the offensive skill of Breezer. Bouillon rushes as much as any d-man on the Habs and gets caught the most, but rarely hits the scoresheet except for getting a - in the +/- column.

Bouillon may be as physical as OB, butdoes not have near the offensive skill of Breezer. Bouillon rushes as much as any d-man on the Habs and gets caught the most, but rarely hits the scoresheet except for getting a - in the +/- column.

I saw that last night. He got caught joining the rush a few times. But Brisebois is sort of redundant now that we have Schneider so I think he's done until we see some injuries.

I saw that last night. He got caught joining the rush a few times. But Brisebois is sort of redundant now that we have Schneider so I think he's done until we see some injuries.

It does kinda look that way. It's too bad, and some may think i am biased against Bouillon, but i just call it as i see it. And to me Breezer has outplayed Bouillon this season and it would benefit the Habs more to have Bouillon rotating more up in the pressbox.

There's also the fact of using Dandy on D as well. Once Tangs and Lats get back, there will not be much room on the wings for Dandy, and he could help on D.

Of course he should be benched, but so should many others.

Brisbois has been the ONLY player to stick up for a goalie this year who was ran over, that's good enough for me. That doesn't say alot about his team mates.

I'm not happy that Bouillon got hurt, and is out for a while, but he is where i think it best suits the Habs and that is up in the pressbox.

Hope Bouillon gets healthy soon, but that the Habs keep winning and we don't see him in the lineup again.

Cube does have faults, but he also does some things better than any other Habs dmen. The people who think Cube sucks I dont think they see any of the good that he does. IMO Cube is way better than Markov at getting the puck away from danger when its loose near the net. Markov and the other Habs dmen always go for the puck with their stick. Cube knows this is wrong. When the other team has a player between Cube and the puck Cube will never reach with his stick, he'll shoulder/shove the guy 1st. Also Cube knows he has feet, and will kick the puck into the corner. In the Sens game yesterday Plex caused a goal by using his stick to get the puck, and then hesitated for a split second while he looked where to move it to and thats all it took for the Sens player behind him to lift Plex's stick and put the puck in the net. If that was Cube he would have knocked the puck into the corner instantly and went after it there and then look to see where a safe place to move the puck to. 1st and foremost is to get the puck away from danger and IMO there isnt a dman on the Habs that is better at that than Cube.

I've been saying this since last year and its even more true today. I strongly beleive Cube should be the next dman forward project. Cube does have a lof of offensive talent, more so than his stats show. The reason he doesnt score more is that he isnt used effectively as he could be. Its true that Cube doesnt have a long bomb slapshot from the point shot but that doesnt mean he has a poor shot. Cube scores all of his goals while in the circles and near the hashmarks. Playing him at forward would put him in the locations he scores from more often and that should get him to score more because he'd get more chances.

Ironically Laps is another reason why I want Cube on the wing. Laps is having a great year and I have 0 complaints about him, but Laps isnt Laps anymore. Laps is now the defensive shutdown guy thats a constant threat to score if the other team is caught napping and since his role changed there is currently nobody filling the shit disturbing aggrevator role on the Habs. Cube would be a great aggrvator, lots of the smaller guys are. i.e Tucker, Avery, Tootoo, Ruutu's. Cube is small guy with a lot of spirit and toughness I'm positive he could get under a lot pf players skin if given the opportunity.

You guys always talk about how soft we are and you want to bench the CUBE :o

Besides Komi(old Komi, hasn't really been the same since Lucic punched him out) The Cube is the only one that lays people out along the boards with crushing hits. Like some people in this thread, I like Boullion. Hopefully Bob keeps him around.

You guys always talk about how soft we are and you want to bench the CUBE :o

Besides Komi(old Komi, hasn't really been the same since Lucic punched him out) The Cube is the only one that lays people out along the boards with crushing hits. Like some people in this thread, I like Boullion. Hopefully Bob keeps him around.

I won't disagree with you that the Habs need to be tougher and the Cube does try to play with a physical edge. However, that positive attribute is outweighed by the fact that he:

1) makes too many ill-advised pinches, while he does contribute very little offensively to offset that.

2) loses his man too much in the defensive zone and is caught watching the guy score quite often, hence there is a good reason he has the worst +/- of the Habs D. Even Breezy's is much better.

3) makes lotsa bad passes to nobody.

At almost 2 million per year, Bouillon should bring more to the table than being what i think is a 7th spare d-man at best. Once he is in your top 6, it exposes too much weakness.