Fanpuck33

14 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see?

• Red Wings vs. ??? at "The Big House"
    • Bruins vs. ??? at Fenway
    • Flyers vs. Pens at Beaver Stadium
    • Rags vs. Islanders at New Yankee Stadium
    • Other

1. Yeah, the Red Wings just played in the Winter classic, but how cool would it be to see a game in one of college football's most historic venues. Put in a couple rows of seats around the glass and with standing room only they could set a new attendance record.

2. Fenway is obviously a historic place to play. The obvious choices would be to play Montreal or the Rangers. Sadly, the Rangers would likely get the nod so they can promote the whole city of Boston versus city of New York rivalry.

3. Like the Wings, the Pens just played in an outdoor game, but like the Bug House, Beaver Stadium would be an awesome place for a game. Again, a chance to pass 110,000 people and set an attendance record.

4. This one is probably more about the New York market than the stadium. It would sell, but would it be as interesting as venues with more of a history?

5. Pick your own game. Personally, I'd love to see a game in The Horse Shoe in Columbus. Same argument as can be used for Beaver Stadium or the Big House, but who can they choose as an opponent to get the rest of the country interested in the game?

If it's what I'd like to see then Flames-Oilers at McMahon

Or if you want an opponent for the Wings Fanpuck, throw the Avs in there. The Winter Classic should always be a classic rivalry IMO but I don't really care what draws a good TV audience.

Not a game in some huge-ass stadium. What's "hockey" or "classic" about playing in a freaking building built for baseball/football?

If you want to make it "heritage classic", go all the f***ing way!

I want to see MTL vs TOR on an outdoor HOCKEY pond or ice rink. You know, the ice rinks that were just snow and garden-hose ice we used to do in our backyards back in the days -- back in the days where houses actually had real backyards instead of the tiny crap new houses have now, not even big enough for a freaking sandbox -- and see REAL CLASSIC hockey. The only thing "heritage" about the freaking Olympic Stadium is that it's a huge ugly money-sucking debt machine we inherited from the 70's crooks that charged 10 times the building cost of something half-assed built.

Also: no freaking helmets or visors or masks. They weren't wearing helmets back then, they were wearing tuques and scarfs and ear muffs... and those were only the sissy players. That's why players had bears and mustaches back then: it softened the impact when they got hit by the puck, a stick or fell face-first on the ice after receiving a stick swing to the head.

And no boards either. You couldnt just dump the punk in the corner or clear it by the boards back then. You had to carry it or make tape-to-tape passes. No getting rid of the puck lazily. You dont want the puck: GET OFF THE F***NG ICE! Of course, having no boards means fans also have to be careful. THAT'S REAL CLASSIC HOCKEY. Back then it wasnt just a sport only for real men: it was also a sport only watched by real men!

I guess that would prohibit any girl from Ohio to attends the game, but this is HOCKEY, not the Ice Capades.

Any team vs. MONTREAL @ Percival-Molson Memorial Stadium

Ya I know it's just over 20,000 but they squeezed 26,000+ in the past for football (and there are plans for additional seating)

IMO ballparks are a bad fit (given the dimensions etc), at least a football stadium has the right seating layout....since it's rectangular

IMO ballparks are a bad fit (given the dimensions etc), at least a football stadium has the right seating layout....since it's rectangular

Yeah, there are definitely advantages and disadvantages. It really sucks for people sitting in the outfield, but people with infield seats are much closer to the action than in a football stadium. Personally, I think they should put a couple rows of temporary seating around the ice surface.

Apparently the number one site the NHL has targeted is the Rose Bowl.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the Winter Classic if you ask me.

Yeah, it would definitely be cool to see hockey played there, but not for this particular event. Half of the fun is the unpredictability of the weather, i.e. the chance of snow or goalies having to wear toques (sp?).