Sens fire Hartsburg

nhfarber

Melnyk should not have agreed to this. Now Murray hires a replacement coach (only out is if he hires a temp guy for the balance of the season) who then has to work under a new GM when Melnyk fires Murray - which really should happen this summer. That means you have a coach in place who isn't the choice of the new GM. That's just bad planning. Ottawa needs to change the engine, not replace a gasket.

God, Murray has done a number to this team. I've never placed blame on Hartsburg, Murray needs to go. Just horrible talent management by him over the years. So many star players leave and theres never an adequate replacement for them.

God, Murray has done a number to this team. I've never placed blame on Hartsburg, Murray needs to go. Just horrible talent management by him over the years. So many star players leave and theres never an adequate replacement for them.

And Spezza on the way I think.

Not surprising. When things go south in sports, it's always the coach that goes down first.

Not Hartsburg's fault tough than his players have no heart, than the team have no quality goaltenders and no scoring depth. It's not fair to put the blame solely on his shoulders.

The lazy Senators needs a Ted Nolan , a Tortorella or a Pat Burns to kick their asses back into shape.

Professional atheltes can be so insulting towards the fans sometimes. They're paid millions and they can't even do their job right. The least they could do is at least care about their own team.

You know you're playing poorly when Blue Jackets players are calling you out. There have been Spezza trade rumors, but after the comments some of the Jackets made about him after they played, it would appear that he wouldn't be welcomed into the locker room.

Will we see the return of Bob Hartley in the NHL?

not in ottawa, not now.

The sens have two or three coaches on the payroll and I dont think that the team is doing all that well financialy.