Habs Get SCHNEIDER from Atlanta

rdavis35

How close to the cap does this get them? Anyone know? With Tanguay coming back they should be pretty close.

I'm not sur eBg is holding on to some of these guys, there are teams that may want or need an extra player, Dandy, Bouillon, Begin, someone like that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How close to the cap does this get them? Anyone know? With Tanguay coming back they should be pretty close.

I'm not sur eBg is holding on to some of these guys, there are teams that may want or need an extra player, Dandy, Bouillon, Begin, someone like that.

I haven't adjusted my own figures, but I trust dblar's more than mine anyways, and he says we're tapping into Lang's LTIR overage. Tanguay coming back has no effect on our cap space, he is counted as part of the cap anyways. If Lang were to make some miraculous comeback, we'd have a cap issue, but he won't so it's not a big deal.

If we were to try and acquire another player of significant salary (over $2m/year), we'd have to make moves on our own roster to accomade the acquisition, though. We should have enough to accomodate any needed callups still for the rest of the year, which is why Chipchura hasn't been returned to Hamilton yet.

I've wanted us to sign Schneider in the past and I was hoping Bob would claim him when he was on waivers earlier in the season. I don't like seeing us give up those picks for him but he certainly is going to help us out. It could mean the difference between making and missing the playoffs, a 2nd and 3rd are worth that.

What I like is the fact that he is the ONLY (besides pattie brisebois) NORTH AMERICAN with some league experience.

He lived what Higgins and Komi and Gorges and Price, etc are living...

and can relate to that with them...

Particularly Higgins and Price, I think they need a guy like him right now.

Not a "gentle" leader à la Ron Francis...

More of a former bad ass who used to be a head case for his coaches I guess, but who managed to win 1-2 cups and play 15+ seasons, 1000+ games... etc and who is not a Tchek, a Russian or what not... (no racism intended... just like Kovalev can / could be a tutor for S.Kost)