Most likely to be traded?

Trizzak

After not being resigned by Buffalo and winning his arbitration, JP Dumont publicly said he would accept less money to play for MTL.

Bob didn't sign him so he went to Nashville.

Dumont would be a phenomenal acquisition i wanted him or Lombardi....but apparently bob gainey isn't aware today is trade deadline day and thinks the lineup we have is going to win us a cup :angry: ....he really has not been a good GM when it comes to recognizing situations and acting on them.

Dumont is French. No way they bring him in. Haven't you been witnessing the purge? :P

He doesn't want to play here, Bob doesn't want him. Point finale.

After not being resigned by Buffalo and winning his arbitration, JP Dumont publicly said he would accept less money to play for MTL.

Bob didn't sign him so he went to Nashville.

just because he says on a french radio that he wants in that he REALLY wants in !!! what else do can they say ??'' uh no I hate mtl and the fans suck!!''

Just remember Briere. he acted like he wanted to come here but yet he chose a team that finished second last the season before.

Why does he HAVE to be a perennial Selke candidate? There are like three of those in the entire league.

If you're on the top 2 lines.

either you are a sniper, either you are a good two way guy, either you are a magical playmaker, either you are a Power Forward.

Chris Higgins? he's a fast skater who can sometimes gets his nose dirty, has a decent slapper, can play PK when on his game, doesn't backcheck enough, is soft in his own end.

I've always always always said since they started in Hamilton that Plekanec and Higgins would rock our THIRD LINE.

I've never thought we'd have them as top 6... they could be the best modern times Draper-Maltby... or Madden-Pandolfo.

If they were used on the 3rd line.

On the 2nd? they have bigger stats, but not big enough IMO to be building blocks for top 6. they have big enough stats to warrent big $$ and big $$ never goes down to the 3rd line... so we're screwed by the importance we gave them.

Just like Saku... If we had kept Damphousse over him, no one would have put 1st line expectations on him and he'd never have got that 4.5M contract that goes with 1st line status, etc.

just because he says on a french radio that he wants in that he REALLY wants in !!! what else do can they say ??'' uh no I hate mtl and the fans suck!!''

Just remember Briere. he acted like he wanted to come here but yet he chose a team that finished second last the season before.

Dumont became a UFA AFTER we had just signed Samsonov.

Habs had no more room for him.

The 2nd time he became UFA, he was already playing for preds and Arnot was begging him to stay / begging the direction to re-sign him.

Ya, and just remember Briere had a bidding war with 3-4 teams after him, JP didnt. I even heard that JP himself looked up Bob and met with him personally in Montreal and told Bob he wnated to play for the Habs. Unfortunately it was 1 day after he signed Samsonov, but who cares. Bob could have moved people to fit in the great deal that JP would have been for 2-2.5 mil a year. In a cap era a GM cant turn down people willing to play for way less than they are worth on the open market.

Ya, and just remember Briere had a bidding war with 3-4 teams after him, JP didnt. I even heard that JP himself looked up Bob and met with him personally in Montreal and told Bob he wnated to play for the Habs. Unfortunately it was 1 day after he signed Samsonov, but who cares. Bob could have moved people to fit in the great deal that JP would have been for 2-2.5 mil a year. In a cap era a GM cant turn down people willing to play for way less than they are worth on the open market.

Sigh** hearing things like this makes me stressed because I think a guy like Dumont would be a perfect fit :(