Habs @ Thrashers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

well thats it, I give up. There's no hope left that this team will turn it around.

This will be the first time I've said this, but I really believe the only chance this team has is to fire Carbo. It's not that its necessarily his fault. However, at the end of the day they are at talented team that just isnt working and winning. That is the truest definer of a coach. Carbo is just not getting through to the players, he doesn't make the team better through his presence.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one of the most unwatchable games of the season, and I lay it all at the feet of the refs, there was no flow to anything. It was boring as hell and I am embaressed for the NHL.

I moved and only today called up Bell to add RDS to my programming. I'm starting to regret it. You're absolutely right... that was painful to watch.

There was positives though:

Price played very well

Gorges and O'byrne are playing very physical and stick up for their teamates (too bad Komi seems to have lost his courage ever since Lucic)

I officially announce this as the Fire Gainey and Carbonneau thread

moreso Gainey since he's so CONFIDENT in the group he has :puke:

The only positives I can take from this game is that Price at least gave them a chance to win and Obyrne dropped the mits :clap:

Its not losing, its the complete lack of energy or discipline. Some calls were soft, but most were just dumb lazy penalties.

fighting for the playoffs, playing one of the worse teams in the league..and instead of putting the work in and taking a couple easy points, they find a way to play even worse...

As for firing Carbo, that is what everyone in Ottawa wanted. Hasn't help them much. Sometimes you do have to dump a few key players to change a room.

After years of loving the guy, I have to admit I want Koivu gone. Send Kovy with him.

Shutout by the lowly Thrashers. How sad is that.

Have to say that the Habs 4 games winning streak was masked by the fact that they didn't deserve all those wins, just lucky Halak stole a few games.

Glad BG did nothing, because this group is playing just pathetic.

Shutout by the lowly Thrashers. How sad is that.

Have to say that the Habs 4 games winning streak was masked by the fact that they didn't deserve all those wins, just lucky Halak stole a few games.

Glad BG did nothing, because this group is playing just pathetic.

If BG does something to make this team a contender again this summer, I will eat my words.

As for firing Carbo, that is what everyone in Ottawa wanted. Hasn't help them much. Sometimes you do have to dump a few key players to change a room.

After years of loving the guy, I have to admit I want Koivu gone. Send Kovy with him.

Cant wait for Koivu & Kovy to be gone to make cap room for Lecavalier.

Do these guys not looking like they are quitting on Gainey as much as Carbo?

He comes out and says, I have faith in these guys, its time for them to prove me right".. but they are thinking, yeah right, you have faith in us, but not enough to offer us a contract.. . .they know that will have offers and a raise from another team (ala ryder) this summer and I bet most of them have decided to leave all ready.

Do these guys not looking like they are quitting on Gainey as much as Carbo?

He comes out and says, I have faith in these guys, its time for them to prove me right".. but they are thinking, yeah right, you have faith in us, but not enough to offer us a contract.. . .they know that will have offers and a raise from another team (ala ryder) this summer and I bet most of them have decided to leave all ready.

BINGO

I think many are thinking along those lines, and that's why they're mailing it in for the stretch.

BINGO

I think many are thinking along those lines, and that's why they're mailing it in for the stretch.

If that were the case, would they not want to perform really well so that other teams would be as interested as possible/so that they get the largest offers possible?

Yes, cause doing poorly at the end of a season will really increase their contract value...please give your heads a shake.

It didn't seem to hurt Michael Ryder much, did it?

Yes, cause doing poorly at the end of a season will really increase their contract value...please give your heads a shake.

Please see Ryder, Michael....

These guys will get decent contracts and in many cases raises regardless and they know it.. you know it too..

How'd it work out for Samsanov? There's always exceptions to the rule, but they are exceptions for a reason.

He stood out as bad.. on this team, they all look bad.. so they will blame the coach / team and point to their previous year.

Komo has blown chunks all season.. he will get an offer in the 5Mill range from someone.

Kovalev will sign with a sucker team for similar money (he doesn't care how much really) and float on another few years.

Koivu will get less regardless of where he goes, so he might as well go.

etc, etc, etc..

Little ironic, no, !<OV4L3V? Just kiddin' ^_^

I suppose :lol: but I don't cheer for Alex Kovalev...I cheer for the Montreal Canadiens and they have to do what is best for the organization. If they have to sacrifice a contract like Koivu and Kovalev's in order to land a true Superstar like Lecavilier than so be it.

How'd it work out for Samsanov? There's always exceptions to the rule, but they are exceptions for a reason.

Do you really think Kovalev, Tanguay, or Komisarek will have a hard time getting a job for a good wage? Heck, someone will even be stupid enough to overpay Koivu.

Higgins I'm not too sure about...his numbers are pretty dismal, and he's never really had a stellar season to use as leverage against those bad numbers...so he could be in tough.

Edited by sbhatt

I suppose :lol: but I don't cheer for Alex Kovalev...I cheer for the Montreal Canadiens and they have to do what is best for the organization. If they have to sacrifice a contract like Koivu and Kovalev's in order to land a true Superstar like Lecavilier than so be it.

Yeah I was just messin. I want whatever's best for the Habs, not for it's players :hlogo: