Habs vs. Islanders | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember having this problem last year (and/or the year before). My idea was to convince all the players that the start of the second period was actually the start of the third period. And then, that the third period was actually overtime. I think that would provide us with some consistent hockey.

genius! Habs need a team hypnotist!

Stewart might have got pounded but we got the PK!

yep and just think at his salary we could say goodbye to Tanguay at the same time.

We are paying Schneider about what Streit costs...

Refs to the rescue.. they must be feeling sorry for Gainey...

I remember all the 110% morons saying that Streit couldn't make it in our top 6 D-man. a 4th liner who could play point on the power play no more...

Unbelievable <_<

He's worth the money he makes but we couldn't give him that contract. We brought in Schneider but that was only after Lang had gone out for the year, freeing up the cap space. Schneider's also only on the books for the rest of the streit, we would have had to sign Streit long term and that would have meant too many D signed long term while too many young D are trying to crack the line up. It also may have meant no Tanguay or no Komisarek next season.

He's worth the money he makes but we couldn't give him that contract. We brought in Schneider but that was only after Lang had gone out for the year, freeing up the cap space. Schneider's also only on the books for the rest of the streit, we would have had to sign Streit long term and that would have meant too many D signed long term while too many young D are trying to crack the line up. It also may have meant no Tanguay or no Komisarek next season.

If Gainey wasn't such a hard headed dude, he could of signed Streit during last season for about 3 Mill a year for 3-4 years. But no, we wait at the end of the year so that the july 1st auction starts and we get outbid silly. Streit wanted to stay here too...

The rooks look like rooks. D'agostini, Stewart, Pacioretty should watch this one from the bench for the remainder of the game.

Crazy, I'm just thinking Koivu is invisible when he steps up to make that nice interception / pass at their blue line.

Price! and the rest hanging on for dear life for a point v. Islanders...last 4 minutes should tell Bob all he needs to know about this team.

I wonder if he is going to call Carbo and apologize. :)

Price! and the rest hanging on for dear life for a point v. Islanders...last 4 minutes should tell Bob all he needs to know about this team.

Yes, that the team plays exactly the same under Gainey as under Carbo. Why don't we just tell him we're sorry and re-hire him?

I wonder if he is going to call Carbo and apologize. :)

Yes, that the team plays exactly the same under Gainey as under Carbo. Why don't we just tell him we're sorry and re-hire him?

:clap::lol:

Nice.

If Gainey wasn't such a hard headed dude, he could of signed Streit during last season for about 3 Mill a year for 3-4 years. But no, we wait at the end of the year so that the july 1st auction starts and we get outbid silly. Streit wanted to stay here too...

You got a point. Who thinks this policy may hurt us again after this season?

OT Go Habs Go!

You're more optimistic than me.

How many times have the Habs played one of these great game, just to come out completely flat and lifeless the next game?

The turning point will be when the Habs can get a winning streak going AND play convincingly as a group. Not the Halak-stands-on-his-head-while-the-rest-of-the-team-sleeps winning streak.

Still took a mid 3rd period goal and an OT PP to win this one. When they start dominating for 60 mins, maybe then you can get your hopes up...

<_<