Gillet considering selling the team

alexstream

Mmmmm....Party Quebecois....probably a few million other Canadians if you did a poll

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, right??? If the Montreal Canadiens didn't exist, the NHL wouldn't exist. That Camridge thing was funny though. Who even knows where that sleepy town is, except for those that actually live there?

Maybe a diversionary tactic to get some of the heat off of the players?

Thats what I thought a bit as well. I guess anything is better than the way they are playing now.

No diversionary tactic, his head is so far up Liverpool's ar*se he can't see us anymore.

So if he goes does he take Koivu with him to be his live-in houseboy?

Burning everything to Kitchener, let's start right away. I get to torch the Bell Centre!

Edited by tokyohabs

his head is so far up Liverpool's ar*se he can't see us anymore.

I think Bettman needs to make an amendment to the conditions of owning an NHL franchise: you must not own, in whole or in part, any other sports team to be considered for NHL ownership.

I think Bettman needs to make an amendment to the conditions of owning an NHL franchise: you must not own, in whole or in part, any other sports team to be considered for NHL ownership.

Wow nothing like crushing free market capitalism

You're going to revoke his ownership becuase he wants to buy a soccer club, or a race team. acquisitions he made AFTER he bought the Habs?

sweet, the leafs and raptors would disappear. they both suck.

Uh, guys...I'm talking about GOING FORWARD, it would be a requirement for anyone looking to purchase a team. But I do think a team should have the full and undivided attention of it's owner...winning a Stanley Cup should be an all-consuming obsession for an NHL owner...soccer and basketball and baseball shouldn't matter to them at all. I think Melnyk is a boob for trying to bring an MLS team in Ottawa, too, for the record...he should be focused on getting the Sens back to being a contender. (that, and an MLS team would lose money big-time in Ottawa)

Edited by sbhatt