2010 Winter Classic To Be Played At Fenway

jetsniper

The NHL's next outdoor game will be played in the shadow of The Big Green Monster, as the league has targeted Boston's Fenway Park as the host venue for the 2010 Winter Classic.

The game will be played again on New Year's Day between the host Bruins and an opponent that has yet to be named.

The NHL has enjoyed a great deal of success since the Winter Classic series began two years ago when the Buffalo Sabres host the Pittsburgh Penguins at Ralph Wilson Stadium. This season, the Chicago Blackhawks hosted the event at Wrigley Field.

The Edmonton Oilers and Montreal Canadiens also played an outdoor game - The Heritage Classic - at Commonwealth Stadium in 2003.

Opponent should be the Habs IMO.

Should be, I agree.

But it won't happen, as the Habs have been part of it in 2003, and the NHL will probably give the opportunity to another team

A brawl during an outdoor game would be funny though ^_^

It should but I think the Rangers will be in just for ratings.

Hey, it only said it was going to be in Boston at Fenway. Said nothing about the Bruins. I say the Red Sox and Yanks lace 'em up and see what happens.

Hey, it only said it was going to be in Boston at Fenway. Said nothing about the Bruins. I say the Red Sox and Yanks lace 'em up and see what happens.

Are you blind Colin?

The game will be played again on New Year's Day between the host Bruins and an opponent that has yet to be named.

Boston isn't finalized as the host yet.

Yeah, TSN made it sound official. Just read in the paper this morning that they haven't finalized anything.

Just old. I started wearing glasses a few weeks ago.

at least you'll look smarter !!

works for me :lol: