The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

Of course, I don't think you'll find anyone to disagree with you on that point. NBC treats the NHL like crap. Not letting teams have viewing parties is asinine. Apparently a handful of potential Nielsen viewers watching from home is better than having thousands of people at the arena watching the network. :wacko:

Wait, what? They got rid of viewing parties?

I did that for Games 5 and 7 of the 2004 Finals, went to the Dome with my friends. It was some of the most fun I've ever had. Thats really, really lame.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what? They got rid of viewing parties?

I did that for Games 5 and 7 of the 2004 Finals, went to the Dome with my friends. It was some of the most fun I've ever had. Thats really, really lame.

Yeah, NBC wouldn't let them use their feed last year either, but Detroit and Pittsburgh both got the CBC feed instead. This year, NBC not only wouldn't let them use their feed, they convinced the NHL to not let the teams use the CBC feed either. That's why the only time they showed viewing parties in the finals were games 3 and 4, the two games shown on Versus. It sucks that Versus isn't a totally mainstream channel, they treat the game right.

Yeah, but it's unfortunate that games 1 and 2 were scheduled on consecutive nights because of NBC

why are you trying to find excuses for detroit ?? As far as I'm concerned they've won both of those games.

why are you trying to find excuses for detroit ?? As far as I'm concerned they've won both of those games.

Really?

But again, I'm going back to the recovery period; you could see they were really tired in games 3 and 4

Pens are younger and also benefited from that long layoff after sweeping the Canes

So what does everyone think of the Crosby handshake snub accusations?

Sounds like he got a little too caught up with the excitement and got to the line late. Regrettable, yes. But I wouldn't call it a snub.

At the same time, I can see how some Red Wings would be irked.

Hopefully Sid will make amends.

So what does everyone think of the Crosby handshake snub accusations?

Seems to me like he was being interviewed by NBC while the handshakes were going on and they made him late to the line. Similar thing happened to Talbot. He almost missed the the team picture because of an interview.

Yeah, Crosby had interview requests coming from all over the place. Plus he's a 21 year old kid who just won the Stanley Cup, he was probably a little excited. He did eventually shake their hands though.

Draper is just a bitter old man who's a sore loser.

But again, I'm going back to the recovery period; you could see they were really tired in games 3 and 4

Pens are younger and also benefited from that long layoff after sweeping the Canes

Yeah, but you can't pin the series as a whole on the Wings being tired. Remember that they lost both games that had two off days leading up to them. They lost when they had rest.

Yeah, but you can't pin the series as a whole on the Wings being tired. Remember that they lost both games that had two off days leading up to them. They lost when they had rest.

I don't see how theres an argument for the Wings being tired anyway. Then Pens had one extra day of rest but also played 24 games compared to the Wings 23. The most rest either team got in the playoffs was the Wings when they swept the Blue Jackets. Both teams had to play on consecutive nights (and the Wings won both games) so it's not like that gave a huge advantage to Pittsburgh either.

The "tired" argument Detroit is using just seems like a weak excuse for blowing a 3-2 series lead.

Seems to me like he was being interviewed by NBC while the handshakes were going on and they made him late to the line. Similar thing happened to Talbot. He almost missed the the team picture because of an interview.

idiot journalists