The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

I watched wrestling for the first time in a long time after seeing Vince dog the Nuggets on a clip on Sportscentre.

Bog Show looked ridiculous in a basketball jersey. When the hell did Lawler get back into actively wrestling?

He hasn't, he just pops into the ring every now and then. He was defending....someone, I forget who, last week and Big Show beat the crap out of him so he was in the ME this week.

And yeah, I laughed pretty hard when he came out in his jersey. Obviously don't make them for guys that size, haha.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most. Disgusting. Penalty. Call. Ever.

I disagree completly. If Matt Cooke would have been the one to dump in the puck then no chance thats a penalty but he is chasing a dumped in puck and the Detroit player gets in his way and angles him into the boards. It's a penalty doesn't matter playoffs or not.

I disagree completly. If Matt Cooke would have been the one to dump in the puck then no chance thats a penalty but he is chasing a dumped in puck and the Detroit player gets in his way and angles him into the boards. It's a penalty doesn't matter playoffs or not.

After ALL the calls they didn't do, this one was DIS-GUS-TING.

Yeah, Stern did a great job getting the LeBron vs. Kobe matchup in the finals.

He tried hard in games 3 and 4, sending Lebron to the line everytime he had the ball, but Magic were waaaaaaaaaay too good for the Cavaliers

Stern couldn't do anything about it, but the bastard really tried

Edited by rafikz

He tried hard in games 3 and 4, sending Lebron to the line everytime he had the ball, but Magic were waaaaaaaaaay too good for the Cavaliers

Stern couldn't do anything about it, but the bastard really tried

LMAO. The Magic took 51 free throws in game 3 compared to Cleveland's 36. Then there was the no-call in overtime of game 4 when the Orlando forward (I think it was DH) tipped in a ball before it was all the way off the rim. All throughout the series Howard was throwing shoulders and elbows at people and getting away with it most of the time. Granted, many of them didn't get called because of Side-show Bob's embellishments, which also could be called. Seriously, the series was determined by three-pointers, not the refs. The Cavs coaching staff had no answer for Orlando's ability to get open threes, while the Cavs couldn't hit shots to save their lives.

Seriously, commissioners are not dumb enough to try and fix games. If it ever got out (i.e. a journalist buying the story from a ref), the man would lose his job, be sued to oblivion, damage the game irreparably, and so on. I hate Bettman and Stern as much as the next guy, but these conspiracy theories are just silly. Just because a commish wants a certain matchup doesn't mean he actually influences games to make it happen.

LMAO. The Magic took 51 free throws in game 3 compared to Cleveland's 36. Then there was the no-call in overtime of game 4 when the Orlando forward (I think it was DH) tipped in a ball before it was all the way off the rim. All throughout the series Howard was throwing shoulders and elbows at people and getting away with it most of the time. Granted, many of them didn't get called because of Side-show Bob's embellishments, which also could be called. Seriously, the series was determined by three-pointers, not the refs. The Cavs coaching staff had no answer for Orlando's ability to get open threes, while the Cavs couldn't hit shots to save their lives.

Seriously, commissioners are not dumb enough to try and fix games. If it ever got out (i.e. a journalist buying the story from a ref), the man would lose his job, be sued to oblivion, damage the game irreparably, and so on. I hate Bettman and Stern as much as the next guy, but these conspiracy theories are just silly. Just because a commish wants a certain matchup doesn't mean he actually influences games to make it happen.

If we are going to talk numbers, it's hard not to call a foul when Dwight had the ball; Varejao and Co had to grab him multiple times to try to stop him

There was no way they weren't going to call those

It's not about numbers, it's also about timing: if you watch the end of game 4, Lebron slips, makes Pietrus fall in the process and they gave him 2 FT's to tie the game; then, on the following possession, Lewis throws a lob pass to Dwight for an alley oop, Varejao grabs him and no foul is called

Stern tried.

But he failed this time

Wings in 7!

I agree, but I hope you're wrong... I'm tickled by the possibility that Hal Gill may get a Cup ring before Hossa. ^_^

I agree, but I hope you're wrong... I'm tickled by the possibility that Hal Gill may get a Cup ring before Hossa. ^_^

I'd just like to see Hossa lose the cup final 2 years in a row.

I don't hate the guy or anything but it'd be amusing.

Anyway, go Pens. Detoilet doesn't need anymore Cups. :rolleyes:

I'd just like to see Hossa lose the cup final 2 years in a row.

I don't hate the guy or anything but it'd be amusing.

I think it'd be poetic justice and amusing as hell.

It was incredible to see Crosby and Malkin in the playoffs. Great players step up in occasions like this. It will be exciting to see both of them play Friday.

Who's going to score the big goal? Crosby or Malkin? Maybe Fedotenko can do it again? Talbot? Guerin?

GO PENS !

I think it'd be poetic justice and amusing as hell.

Poetic justice that the one guy that was willing to take a paycut to have a better chance at the Cup loses to his old team?

I hate Crosby, love the Wings. Gooooo Wiiiiings!!!!!

Poetic justice that the one guy that was willing to take a paycut to have a better chance at the Cup loses to his old team?

I hate Crosby, love the Wings. Gooooo Wiiiiings!!!!!

What paycut? 7.5 million is a paycut when he was offered 7 million by the Pens?

What paycut? 7.5 million is a paycut when he was offered 7 million by the Pens?

Yeah, Hossa did leave the Pens out to dry. Bolting so quickly to the team they'd just lost to....

Douche move IMO