The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. I find myself feeling a bit bad for Hossa, but I'm still amused by it all.

"Schadenfreude" is the term, I believe.

And hooray for the true "superstar" :D

talbot.jpg

Edited by lazy26

I love it. I find myself feeling a bit bad for Hossa, but I'm still amused by it all.

"Schadenfreude" is the term, I believe.

And hooray for the true "superstar" :D

talbot.jpg

Me too

It's hard to figure how to feel about him

bettman deserved the conn smyth award.thank heavens the ice capades have finally ended.the worst of the stanley cup finals in recent memory is happily over. now we will hear ad nauseum about cindy, and the "wonderful state of all the nhl franchises bybuttman". think i'll concentrate on the ahl and echl for awhile.

bettman deserved the conn smyth award.thank heavens the ice capades have finally ended.the worst of the stanley cup finals in recent memory is happily over. now we will hear ad nauseum about cindy, and the "wonderful state of all the nhl franchises bybuttman". think i'll concentrate on the ahl and echl for awhile.

:rolleyes: That was a fantastic series. It's essentially impossible for a 7 game series to not be exciting and entertaining. First time in 38 years a road team wins a finals game 7 in the NHL. It's been 30 years since a team in any major North American major sport has won a championship on the road in a game 7. That's epic.

The worst Stanley Cup finals in recent memory was played in 2007. This was an amazing series.

No cup for Detoilet! WOOT!

A big lol for Hossa too. He's still one of my all-time favourite Sens though so I'll give him some pity too. Still funny though.

'

What a game!

Epic save at the end by Fleury!

Great game by Max Talbot. I was imagining Max Lapierre doing the same for the Habs. Hopefully not in a too distant future.

Man, did you watch the series, or just read about it? It sounds to me that you are more worried about the politics of the game than the game itself. That was great hockey. Very entertaining, very even series. BY the way, Bettman does have a bregging point with the Pens, and you can swallow that pill how ever you want. They are out of trouble, for now. Problem there is that s soon as they drop to a rebuild team, 5 years from now lets say, they will be back in trouble. Fans have to come to except that it is now set up as a build, rebuild system, which "should" create an even playing field. I will also wager that if Montreal had won the lottery you would not call the kid cindy. Call him what you want, he can skate circles around the habs. You probably called The Great One a wus too.

That's a great revenge scenario.

Poor Hossa. He's cursed

May he never sign in Montreal !!

Great game by Max Talbot. I was imagining Max Lapierre doing the same for the Habs. Hopefully not in a too distant future.

MAx will have too grow something...what are they called ?? OH YEAH !! Balls !!

Uhhhh, what finals were you watching? These were among the best in recent memory.

Not to take anything away from Pittsburgh they deserve it :clap:

But man, you can tell the Wings looked tired (plus, Datsyuk missed 4 games)

Pens swept Carolina, so they had plenty of time to rest;plus, they are younger than the Wings, which helps with recovery. Red Wings won the West Finals in 6 games, and #$%^&$#@ Gary Bettman scheduled games 1 and 2 to be played on consecutive nights, because of ######ing NBC.

Just pointing out facts, but again, congrats to Pittsburgh, well deserved :clap:

And also, I'm happy for Guerin; great great pro, played with shitty NY Islanders for a few seasons before the trade, never complained. :hockey:

Not to take anything away from Pittsburgh they deserve it :clap:

But man, you can tell the Wings looked tired (plus, Datsyuk missed 4 games)

Pens swept Carolina, so they had plenty of time to rest;plus, they are younger than the Wings, which helps with recovery. Red Wings won the West Finals in 6 games, and #$%^&$#@ Gary Bettman scheduled games 1 and 2 to be played on consecutive nights, because of ######ing NBC.

Just pointing out facts, but again, congrats to Pittsburgh, well deserved :clap:

And also, I'm happy for Guerin; great great pro, played with shitty NY Islanders for a few seasons before the trade, never complained. :hockey:

if it wasn't for injuries to opponents we wouldn't have a 24th stanley cup !!

besides, if you break down every final series i'm sure you'd find an advantage somehow to the winner wether it'd be a weaaker opponent or a missing key player.

if it wasn't for injuries to opponents we wouldn't have a 24th stanley cup !!

besides, if you break down every final series i'm sure you'd find an advantage somehow to the winner wether it'd be a weaaker opponent or a missing key player.

Yeah, but it's unfortunate that games 1 and 2 were scheduled on consecutive nights because of NBC

Yeah, but it's unfortunate that games 1 and 2 were scheduled on consecutive nights because of NBC

Of course, I don't think you'll find anyone to disagree with you on that point. NBC treats the NHL like crap. Not letting teams have viewing parties is asinine. Apparently a handful of potential Nielsen viewers watching from home is better than having thousands of people at the arena watching the network. :wacko: