Leafs Sign Allaire

habs rule

according to sportsnet Burkey went out and got him. He was my personal favourite to coach Pricester, I guess we have to see who Bob comes up with now.

according to sportsnet Burkey went out and got him. He was my personal favourite to coach Pricester, I guess we have to see who Bob comes up with now.

Allaire and Burke were working together the past few years. I wouldn't read into this as either a snub or a missed opportunity.

Not the news I wanted to hear. Hopefully we get some boosts soon in good news. Like Komi signing for instance or some sort of movement.

THREE WEEKS TO GO :contract:

Until then it'll likely be...

:zzz:

More reason to keep the avatar

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Personally, I consider this cause for celebration. The last thing Price needs is another goalie who will shove the butterfly style in his face. We've seen him try and play butterfly and it doesn't work. Find someone who can teach a stand-up/hybrid style, not King Butterfly.

Hey BOB !!

Get up ! you're asleep at the wheel, get up you're asleep at the wheel....

I would certainly hope that the head coach gets to hire the goalie coach, not the GM. If Martin's picking the rest of his staff, it's certainly not a reach to suggest that he gets to choose the goalie coach...

I would certainly hope that the head coach gets to hire the goalie coach, not the GM. If Martin's picking the rest of his staff, it's certainly not a reach to suggest that he gets to choose the goalie coach...

well he's the one who fired(sorta) Melancon, not the coach. since he's so high on Price I just would've thought that he'd be aggressive about his goalie coach, especialy when he's the best one.

well he's the one who fired(sorta) Melancon, not the coach. since he's so high on Price I just would've thought that he'd be aggressive about his goalie coach, especialy when he's the best one.

Is he the best one to suit Price's needs though?

I think his credentials are good.

Can't argue with his credentials with butterfly goalies, but we all know Price isn't and can't be a butterfly goalie though. Would Allaire have been the worst option out there, of course not, but I'm confident there is an option out there better suited to fit the Habs' needs currently.

Can't argue with his credentials with butterfly goalies, but we all know Price isn't and can't be a butterfly goalie though. Would Allaire have been the worst option out there, of course not, but I'm confident there is an option out there better suited to fit the Habs' needs currently.

I'm sure someone else will do a good job but IMO allaire is the best. anyone that can teach Price how to use his glove will do, I guess.

Good move for the Leafs. I guess he'll finally coach Rask into being a great NHL goaltender.

Oh wait.... the Leafs gutted themselves and helped the Bruins while doing so.

I guess he'll finally coach Pogge into being a great AHL goaltender.

I'm sure someone else will do a good job but IMO allaire is the best. anyone that can teach Price how to use his glove will do, I guess.

We agree on the glove part at least. :) Allaire is the best when it comes to butterfly goalies, but what's his track record with bigger/stand-up guys? I don't think it's particularly strong (though I could be swayed)...

Good move for the Leafs. I guess he'll finally coach Rask into being a great NHL goaltender.

they are said to be very aggressive on a swedish goaltender...just hope he,s the swedish/goalie version of lahti !!

TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs hired Francois Allaire as the team's newest goaltending consultant, the club announced Wednesday.

Maple Leafs president and general manager Brian Burke plucked Allaire from his former club the Anaheim Ducks, where Allaire worked the past 13 seasons as goaltending consultant, which included the 2007 Stanley Cup championship team.

"We consider Francois to be one of the best in the world at his craft," said Burke in a statement. "He brings a tremendous amount of experience and I know that he will make an immediate impact with our goalies."

Allaire, 57, spent 12 years with the Canadiens prior to joining the Ducks as Montreal's goaltending coach. He was instrumental in two Stanley Cup titles (1986 and 1993), working with Hall of Famer Patrick Roy from 1984 to 1996.

Kolzig tutored Price in Tri City.

I think people are making too much of the kolzig/price relashionship.

he was playing in the NHL at the time price was in junior so it's not like he was with him everyday.

that being said, maybe Kolzig could be a great goalie coach...if he retires.

Actually Pogge's contract is up and the rumor is the Leafs are just gonna let him become a free agent.

they are said to be very aggressive on a swedish goaltender...just hope he,s the swedish/goalie version of lahti !!

Jonas Gustavsson, he supposedly has a brighter future in the NHL then Henrik Lundqvist did before he came in. Front runners are Dallas and Colorado but the Leafs and Sharks were also on his list of cities to visit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOO!!!!

:wall:

We agree on the glove part at least. :) Allaire is the best when it comes to butterfly goalies, but what's his track record with bigger/stand-up guys? I don't think it's particularly strong (though I could be swayed)...

Ilya Bryzgalov?

Allaire wouldn't make Price to even drop more on his knee. The one thing he would do, and in my humble opinion the only thing Price needs, is simplify carey's game.

Allaire isn't teaching goalies to butterfly goalies on all shots, stop thinking that, he would be great to work with price..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOO!!!!

:wall:

Ilya Bryzgalov?

Allaire wouldn't make Price to even drop more on his knee. The one thing he would do, and in my humble opinion the only thing Price needs, is simplify carey's game.

Allaire isn't teaching goalies to butterfly goalies on all shots, stop thinking that, he would be great to work with price..

Bryzgalov, the goalie who was ultimately waived out of Anaheim because they couldn't trade him? The goalie who signed a big ticket deal to play for Phoenix but wound up sputtering and being outplayed by Alvaro Montoya down the stretch?

I think people are making too much of the kolzig/price relashionship.

he was playing in the NHL at the time price was in junior so it's not like he was with him everyday.

that being said, maybe Kolzig could be a great goalie coach...if he retires.

lockout = fulltime

apparently Carbo said he was our if we wanted him. Hopefully Marcoux will be signed.

Patrick Roy apparently said of Allaire that if he was to work with him, Allaire would take care of the technical side and him (Roy) would take care of the mental side. Is it implying that Allaire is not a good "mental" coach? I Think so.

Also, if he's so great, why the #$@$ is Giguère sucking right now?!

Bryzgalov is in todays top 15 of NHL goalies, easily. He got waived because Anaheim was so high on Jonas Hiller. If I'm not mistaken Anaheim got him traded, but the trade didn't go trough because of $$$

if he's so great, why the #$@$ is Giguère sucking right now?!

haha :closedeyes:

Giguère started struggling a couple months ago, right after his father died. Also, if you ask me, the fact that his one year old son is still pretty sick doesn't help either. He's human, nothing Allaire has to do with that imho..