Lucic could earn a roster spot... LOL @ TSN

alexstream

on the main /nhl page :

"Milan Lucic's style of play is popular with Bruins' fans and could earn him roster spot in 2010."

If that guy was on my team, I would sign him to a 15 years contract. "could earn him a roster spot" ... as if that was a question?! wtf!!

IMO, at only 21 y.o. Lucic is one of their most valuable player!

lucy.png

on the main /nhl page :

"Milan Lucic's style of play is popular with Bruins' fans and could earn him roster spot in 2010."

If that guy was on my team, I would sign him to a 15 years contract. "could earn him a roster spot" ... as if that was a question?! wtf

lucy.png

I'm pretty sure they are talking about for the Olympics.

That is what they are talking about but it still should be a lock for him.

It's one thing to ask stars to step out of character and play a different role, but it's another thing to have a guy that loves to do it.

Ugh.

That's one of the thing I hate the most about Team Canadas. They always feel obligated to have some "big Canadian beef" on it, rather than just overwhelm the opposition with pure talent on all 4 lines.

Beefing up or mucking up at the expanse of talent never worked. Those idiots never want to realize that the Olympics arent the NHL.

Haven't they learned anything from Turin? We utterly stunk thanks to a marvelous roster filled with Bertuzzis and Drapers and Footes and McCabes and Regehr and Doans and I dont recall what other crap they stuffed down our throat. :puke:

We got blanked by Switzerland , Finland and Russia because the morons that made the team couldnt bring themselves to fill the roster with raw talent.

Damnit wake up! it's the Olympics and we've got a bigger, better talent pool than any other country. Use it!

If they put that big oaf of Lucic on the roster, I'm jumping on the Bertrand bandwagon and ask for a Team Quebec. It wont win any medals, but you can be sure they wont put Laraque on the roster!

Even putting my biases aside, I really hope Lucic doesn't make the team. Why can't we just roll with pure superstardom?

From what I hear, Talbot wasn't even invited! ^_^

I think Russia will win the olympics 2010. Dont think any other team can match their offensive tops. Malkin, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Semin... maybe Kovalev would fit in as well. Markov on D among others.

funny thing... like a week ago i saw a picture of Milan in the city Metro freebe newspaper..(Im in Vancouver) and he was pictured playing ball/street hockey and his jersey was identical to a Habs jersey but without the logo (red and white)

And as much as I love hating him... I believe if you Cloned one Lucic for all 4 lines Bingo You have a Stanley cup contender right there!

Imagine when this kid hits his prime... scary!

p.s. Im trying to find the picture online....

Edited by CoRvInA

funny thing... like a week ago i saw a picture of Milan in the city Metro freebe newspaper..(Im in Vancouver) and he was pictured playing ball/street hockey and his jersey was identical to a Habs jersey but without the logo (red and white)

And as much as I love hating him... I believe if you Cloned one Lucic for all 4 lines Bingo You have a Stanley cup contender right there!

Imagine when this kid hits his prime... scary!

p.s. Im trying to find the picture online....

It was an EA sports jersey, he was helping promote NHL 10.

lucick.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
It was an EA sports jersey, he was helping promote NHL 10.

lucick.jpg

Dare to dream.

I think Lucic would be a fit on Team Canada. He's got great size, skill, is a coach's player (remember how apeshit we all went when he wouldn't fight Laraque last season), and would work great on the powerplay, screening in front and banging home rebounds.

Dare to dream.

I think Lucic would be a fit on Team Canada. He's got great size, skill, is a coach's player (remember how apeshit we all went when he wouldn't fight Laraque last season), and would work great on the powerplay, screening in front and banging home rebounds.

Dude, this is team Canada. The last thing they need on the PP is a Lucic. You can have a Brandon Morrow doing the same job.