[Game Thread] New York Islanders @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

1. We finally have a coach.
  2. We finally have players that go to the net - look where some of those goals came from, i.e. Gomex, MaxPax.
  3. We finally have a coach.
  4. McGuire's problem is that he's a HUGE Habs fan and wanted to see the team go a different way. He's not against Gainey, just doesn't understand why Bob didn't take another route.
  5. We finally have a coach.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Pierre Houde:

Paxticioretty

Plekanets

Mayrah

Tchiptchura

Jorjess

Chpatchek

Tavawehs

Chtreit

Molson

Shrimp

Spot on :lol:

That was a nice little backpass by Gill, got the play moving and out.

I'm sure the coaches have worked with him

1. We finally have a coach.
  2. We finally have players that go to the net - look where some of those goals came from, i.e. Gomex, MaxPax.
  3. We finally have a coach.
  4. McGuire's problem is that he's a HUGE Habs fan and wanted to see the team go a different way. He's not against Gainey, just doesn't understand why Bob didn't take another route.
  5. We finally have a coach.

Great points. The Martin factor will be huge. I think you're right about McGuire BTW. He *is* a Montreal boy. One reason why he tends to be hard on ye Habs is that he is compensating for his own internal bias, I suspect.

What a game by Metropolit. I did not know that he could move the puck like that. And he is such a big worker, particularly close to the boards. I think we missed him while he was injured.

Martin made some very good moves for the last game. Lapierre playing right wing was one. Cammalleri on the right wing on PP, always ready to shout the puck à la Kovalev is another good idea. Hell! even Chipchura's line looked good. I guess that's what happens wen your best players work really hard -- the others get ignited and follow the example.

Talking about defense, it's exactly as I had expected: way better than last year. We have more players who can hit or be physical. More experience and pause when the goings get tough. The addition of Bergeron on the PP has the potential to become transformative, particularly once Markov will be back. And what about O'Byrne: he will be a presence and add a lot of punch to the squad. I believe that is where we are most under-rated, defense.

It makes it much easier for our goalies. They rarely have to face a barrage and the crease is not assaulted like it used to be with the Bouillon, Brisebois, Dandenault and the others. And what about Komisarek? Is there anybody out there who really miss him? Not me, for sure.

Patience. We have to be patient. And don't forget that there are some valuable youngsters perfecting their skills in Hamilton: Weber, Carle and Subban have all the time to learn their trade. No pressure on them.

I am optimistic. We will play for better than .500 early in November. After it will be a slow climb and the Habs will be ready for the playoffs.

BTW, did I hear McGuire say, yesterday, that Markov expected to be back in January? In time to get ready for the Olympics. If it is right, it's earlier than expected.

Very smart to try Lapierre on wing. I like Metro at centre. I always have. He had a great game last night, and I don't expect that every night, but this line up almost gives us a 3A 3B line up instead of a 3rd and a totally pathetic 4th line.

I almost hope that Sergei makes up with the team and comes back to the line up. As far as Chips goes, I'm sorry to disagree with some guys, but from what I have seen in the last 3 games, he is slowly imroving. Slowly. I think he is better than Stewart or Dagostini. At least the current version of Dagostini. I also think SK is better than Stewart or Diago.

Well stated, especially on Sergei, i wanna see him back soon.

And Diago is just dead weight, who is a defensive nightmare.