[Game Thread] New York Islanders @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

I'd like to see a competition between jackp and Sir Boagalott on who can spam more topics with their respective crusades; jackp on why Price should sit until he's a superstar, and Sir Boagalott on why NCAA players shouldn't ever be drafted never ever ever AHHHHHH!!!!

(Actually Boag, I like some of your arguments on why NCAA players should be shunned until later rounds, but man it's getting tiresome to read why over and over and over.)

ahhh yes now that would be interesting cause really the way it is going now is BORING.

and jackp, I wasn't all that worried.

Edited by habs rule

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a competition between jackp and Sir Boagalott on who can spam more topics with their respective crusades; jackp on why Price should sit until he's a superstar, and Sir Boagalott on why NCAA players shouldn't ever be drafted never ever ever AHHHHHH!!!!

(Actually Boag, I like some of your arguments on why NCAA players should be shunned until later rounds, but man it's getting tiresome to read why over and over and over.)

:lol: And Colin on how much Dallas sucks ! :lol:

Price will never be a superstar. You can print this and keep it to prove me wrong.

and jackp, I wasn't all that worried.

Geez, you can't imagine how much I'm shocked and saddened by this. I mean, I hold your opinion in such high regard...

Price will never be a superstar. You can print this and keep it to prove me wrong.

Geez, you can't imagine how much I'm shocked and saddened by this. I mean, I hold your opinion in such high regard...

Wow

I was accidently involved in one of your slaggings (which I admitted my mistake and apologized) and Fanpuck fixed it up. I recomend you stick to the topic and quit getting personal all of the time.

You talk like Price walked in off the streets, with a set of pads in the trunk of his old honda, and asked for a tryout. Please give us all a break, and act like you've watched hockey before. He's won at every level, the way you're supposed to do. He's followed all the steps the hockey world has put in place. It takes time. Even the immortal goalies of all time begin slowly.

You talk like Price walked in off the streets, with a set of pads in the trunk of his old honda, and asked for a tryout. Please give us all a break, and act like you've watched hockey before. He's won at every level, the way you're supposed to do. He's followed all the steps the hockey world has put in place. It takes time. Even the immortal goalies of all time begin slowly.

Hey Habsy... I had seasons ringside 3 seats over from the Habs bench (before they moved the visitor's bench to the same side of the ice) during the glory years of the 70s. (My family had those seats since the late 40s as my dad was personal friends with Frank Selke Sr.) That means I had a very close view of a gadzillion NHL games - live, and up close. This doesn't mean that I'm right in everything I say about the Habs. But it does mean that I've seen * a lot* of hockey, and not from the distance of a television set neither.

Dryden did *not* start slowly. Roy did *not* start slowly. If the guy has it, he has to at least be mediocre when he's young. Price is not mediocre right now. He's bad. I don't buy the "Rob Johnson" type of argument that a guy needs time and then he's gonna be great. I've seen so many come and go with all this promise and they almost *never* turn into stars. There is one notable exception to this: Guy Lafleur. He was quite mediocre for a couple of years and then he blossomed (pardon the pun). All the others (like Wichenheiser for example) never panned out. Usually if a guy is gonna be a start he starts to shine almost immediately.

Even as a team, it doesn't pan out. I can remember the mid 90s when people where saying the Habs had a good young team that was destined to break out big time. I ask you: how did all that "promise" turn out?

Now Price did have that good half year. It's the only reason I still want him on the team. I have nothing against him. All I've ever said is that he should have to *play* his way back into number one, and not have him anointed the position without merit. I still, for the life of me, don't understand why so many of you are against this stance.

Price is not mediocre right now. He's bad.

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one. I wouldn't say Price has been bad this year...he's been adequate, and the habs need more from their goalie!

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one. I wouldn't say Price has been bad this year...he's been adequate, and the habs need more from their goalie!

You are, of course, correct. He hasn't been bad this year. I confused his play this year with last. I agree that he's been adequate.