[Game Thread] Canadiens vs Lightning - 7/11/2009

Trizzak

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, that's the thing about Price... Great game against Boston, and then he's back to this crap. Does he build on the Boston game? No!

Bad enough the second goal with that huge rebound on a routine shot. But then just when we had all kinds of momentum, he lets in a goal like that 3rd one. Just kills us. Don't expect much life from the team in the 3rd.

3 goals on 17 shots - just brutal.

The goals/shots has nothing to do with anything. You can't look at stats as if they were the be all end all, look at the quality of chances TB is getting, 3 on 2s, 2 on 1s, thats a lot better indication of how a goalie is playing. Luongo for years faced over 40 shots a night in Florida and his stats looked great because of it.

Latendresse-Lapierre were to be seen one time that period...

I am getting fed up of Lapierre. I am not the only one when Metropolit

is your third line centre by far.

And by the way Stamkos is the best kid i have seen this year. Wow he sees

the ice.

Looks pretty typical.. we have one line going well, but they are facing the best defensive guys on the other side. Metro's line is holding their own, and Pleks might as well be by himself.

Until we get someone to make the Pleks line dangerous, this is going to keep happening. It doesn't matter how good one of your line is, good teams win because they have two lines so you can't just smother the one line.

Worse for Pleks, he has laps and Lats out here, yet he is still getting man handled. Can't one of those guys play physical? Maybe drop the gloves and stop people taking liberties against Pleks????

Once again Kotstitsyn doesn't know that the game has started. I think that Martin should ask for his brother to be recalled and match the two Ks together. That's the only thing that will reignite these guys.

Once again Kotstitsyn doesn't know that the game has started. I think that Martin should ask for his brother to be recalled and match the two Ks together. That's the only thing that will reignite these guys.

I totally agree. It's time to try something new. We're a one line team.

See, that's the thing about Price... Great game against Boston, and then he's back to this crap. Does he build on the Boston game? No!

Bad enough the second goal with that huge rebound on a routine shot. But then just when we had all kinds of momentum, he lets in a goal like that 3rd one. Just kills us. Don't expect much life from the team in the 3rd.

3 goals on 17 shots - just brutal.

Jesus Christ! I don't want to be labeled a Price supporter, but these arguments against him are getting ridiculous! How is the 3rd goal Price's fault? Mara got caught up in the momentum and pinched when he shouldn't have, the last defenseman got beat wide, and the puck had to deflect off the post, off Price, off Gorges and off the Tampa Bay player's skate to go in.

Just because the puck has to go past the goalie last doesn't make it his fault it's a goal. Why do you guys insist on judging him with a kangaroo court?

Why not be a Price supporter?? Is that what it's come to? We've got to defend the belief that he's our future? Carey Price is the future, and that's all there is to it.

Jesus Christ! I don't want to be labeled a Price supporter, but these arguments against him are getting ridiculous! How is the 3rd goal Price's fault? Mara got caught up in the momentum and pinched when he shouldn't have, the last defenseman got beat wide, and the puck had to deflect off the post, off Price, off Gorges and off the Tampa Bay player's skate to go in.

Just because the puck has to go past the goalie last doesn't make it his fault it's a goal. Why do you guys insist on judging him with a kangaroo court?

I agree with you, but the reason the puck hit the post is because Price missed the glove save on a bobble.. never should have hit the post, fallen behind him, and then gone in....

Price has not been brutal as suggested, but he is playing pretty average again with bad rebounds and sloppy play. The team in front of him is playing worse then he is however.

I still stand by my belief that we have two goalies who on average are playing below the league average for goaltending. It is not a strong suit of our team. Neither is our D, but that is due to injuries.

Overall our team doesn't look like a playoff team to me, but final judgement has to be reserved until O'byrne and Markov get back. If they solidify the Defense and AK turns into a scoring threat again, there is hope.

What happened to our skill? We rely on, no offense meant to Metro and Moen, plumbers to do our scoring...what happened to it all, all this promise in our system?

Edited by bar

And NOW the refs call on such a borderline play? I don't mind if they wanna make calls like that but they have been asleep all night! Is it too much for some goddamn consistency? How are the players ever supposed to know what they can get away with?

They missed the blatant interference play by Carle. I think it may have been a makeup call.

Overall though, the refs missed more calls against the Habs than they did against the Lightning.

I'm beginning to worry that Markov will not be the panacea for the troubles with the team. Plek is an island to himself out there, hard working, competing, except it's always 1 vs 3 because he has no linemates.

Well, they give it a good try, but they simply were not able to mount as solid offense all night. It's probably the lack of talent, but I guess that the guys (particularly the young ones) are feeling too much pressure right now. The passes are not accurate, the shots neither. They were outplayed all night after the first goal.

I don't blame Price although he's had a bad game. Nonetheless, with good offense, we should have been able to score three or four goals against that team. We can't expect our young goalies to win consistantly if they don't have a cushion from time to time to relax a little bit and get a confidence boost. That's very hard for them right now.

And for those who thought that Gill was a liability on our team, I hope that this game has shown how much he is important on our defense. Just by being there, the other team plays a lot less physical in our own end. Gorges has been bumped all night, he looked like a pee-wee. With Gill to take charge of the physical aspect, he plays a lot better IMO.

I just hope that O'Byrne and Gill will be in the line-up soon. Meanwhile, expect that the newcomer will play the next game.